Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
MOBtown
120 Posts
A phan... more than you will ever know. To bad Trey is a smacked out selfish douche bag or we would still be rocking today. O well, it was so worth it while it lasted. 31 of the absolute best nights of my life. {wipe tier} Yea, I like Phish:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah, they kill it! I was fortunate to see them way back in the day before they got huge. I went to college in New England. Saw them in some small venues. Man those were some awesome shows and good times! They are so tight. A fun interactive show as well. I miss seeing them.

Then as they got bigger I saw them in the huge venues.

My last show was one of the New Year's Eve shows in like '98 or '99 I think @ Madison Square Garden. Free skybox ticket from a friend! Totally hooked up all night! Sick show.:thumbsup:

·
SSasquatch
535 Posts
G-Ryder said:
Yeah, they kill it! I was fortunate to see them way back in the day before they got huge. I went to college in New England. Saw them in some small venues. Man those were some awesome shows and good times! They are so tight. A fun interactive show as well. I miss seeing them.
Same here, I saw them many times in the late 80's when they were pretty much unknown except on the college circuit.

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
Phun live, never a really liked them on CD

I saw them twice when I was in High School, Somerville Theatre 1991, two nights in row. Good times.

I like almost anything I see live, Phish really put on a good show. But I never could get into them on tape. I did have a pretty intense experience relating to "bouncing 'round the room" and some PCP laced weed...but that's another story.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,502 Posts
I saw a few shows with John Fishman's parents, they lived a few miles from me in Syracuse. My sister has been one of John's freinds since 83' or so...I have had quite a few beers with him, but I am not particularly a huge fan...

I appreciate what they do, and it was awesome to be guest listed a bunch of times, but I don't voluntarily put their music on too often....

Yea, if you didn't do (have!) a little blow, trey had no use for you after shows....

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
jugdish said:
I think I liked them better when they called themselves Frank Zappa. :D
Too true. Goes double for Moe.
I attended college in NJ 90-95. Phish were ok, but a litle too goofy. Moe. just plain old sucked.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
I liked Phish. I really liked Phish.
I think I saw them about a dozen times, including the reunion/hiatus ending show at MSG for NYE in NYC, with a subsequent Hampton show thrown in. Saw them mostly at Hampton, great venue. I didn't like them until I went to a show.

I cannot say enough about how FUN the shows were. Almost as fun as WSP shows, but with better showmanship, eye candy and such.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Stole my line...

Drewdane said:
One of the funniest bumper stickers I ever saw:

"Jerry's Dead. Phish sucks. Get a life."
Amen to that...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.