Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Always Searching
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have known Phil for 10 Years, luckily he was one of the first people I was introduced to through his son when I moved to Bend in 2002. I have ridden all over central Oregon with him, probably the most influential for me as I just started Mt Biking seriously. Phil is 28 years older than I, (for those of you who know) he like a diesel motor on any trail we ride ,always on your rear tire with the skill to back it up. I aspire to be as good as Phil when I'm in my 70's. Sawtooth would be the extreme of what we encountered together, and has become an annual trip.
I have put many hours of work with Phil on the Mrazek, a trail Phil has deemed his to maintain, reroute, make interesting & ECT. For all Phil has done for Bend trail network I leave you with a request, read quote below...... a ask of his son and a friend (me).

I was just reading the most recent issue of Mountain Bike Action magazine and noted something of interest. In the last issue they did a feature on the top 25 most influential people in Mountain Biking. Now, they are planning to do a story on the most influential people in the trail advocacy / trail building department. Their selections will be based on reader input.

I am going to write them a note and suggest they include my dad. Anyone else that might want to send a 'vote' can do so by emailing it to the following address:

[email protected]

Thank You

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
That's pretty cool. Having been a local builder myself for some time, I was starry eyed like meeting a rock star when I ran into him the first time on Mrazek above Cold Springs about 10-11 years ago. It is, after all, my favorite trail there... :thumbsup:

Every popular place has their "Phil". But, not all have trail systems legally named after them.

Seems reasonable on a national scale that Phil Meglasson should probably be there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.