Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Candlestick Maker
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gettin' fatter! 26x3.0 was so fun that I had to go bigger. The Inbred is now sporting an Endo tire and Pugsley fork (100mm version) on the front. The rear is still the (now measly looking) 26x3.0.

·
A Surly Maverick
2,702 Posts
It`s funny how you perspective changes :)

I used to ride 2.1tyres on 24mm rims.......

I used to think that 2.4 tyres on 28mm rims were really `big`.......

And even 3.0 DH tyres used to look massive......

Then I got Endos on LM 65mm rims and everything else looks like sooooooooo small !

Bigger IS better when it comes to Fatbiking :thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I really want a 29er hardtail that I can throw some bigger tires on if some snow is on the ground. I live in southern CT and snow can be hit or miss at times. Though I could take it to the beaches.

I am a little concerned about running 29s on a pugs and getting a good set of wheels built up and how well it does as a regular 29er. I was thinking that the inbred or another bike that a 3.0 would fit in might be a better solution.

·
A Surly Maverick
2,702 Posts
JeremyFXDWG said:
I really want a 29er hardtail that I can throw some bigger tires on if some snow is on the ground. I live in southern CT and snow can be hit or miss at times. Though I could take it to the beaches.

I am a little concerned about running 29s on a pugs and getting a good set of wheels built up and how well it does as a regular 29er. I was thinking that the inbred or another bike that a 3.0 would fit in might be a better solution.
Looks here for other ideas :)

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=535519

·
Candlestick Maker
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pic I linked above w/ the white Inbred is a 26" bike. It fits the supposed 3" tire with room to spare, but the actual tire width is only about 2.75". I imagine a real 3.0" tire would fit with a little wobble room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts