Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger and am wondering which shock to go with, monarch or dBm inline? It'll be paired up with an Xfusion Trace in the front. I was initially thinking that all the adjustments on the inline would be wasted with such a simple fork up front. Opinions?
Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
Having ridden the bike with both, the ccdbi is a substantial upgrade. I'd go that route regardless of fork. With relatively little rear travel on tap, I think having that travel well damped and controlled becomes even more important.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The monarch would be a better match in terms of feel to the trace and there is nothing wrong with the monarchs performance for most riding. The inline is just that noticeable bit better in every department (and I wouldn't go back now I have mine).

In your situation though I would save money by getting the monarch option and upgrading the fork to something more suited. But then I hate the feel of x-fusion forks and think the trace would be an awful match to the character of the inline. Although you could tune the inline to be a harsh, spiky, badly damped bit of kit to match the Trace...... ;)

·
No Clue Crew
7,303 Posts
Just make sure you have a backup shock if you buy the CC. While I like them, I'll never again buy another shock that can't be locally serviced.

·
No Clue Crew
7,303 Posts
PS: Send your current shock to Avalanche for a tune. That'll be about the best thing you can do for $200.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I`d go with the inline... if it is the better Option in the first place, you will end up upgrading to it anyways... better get a more suitable fork...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts