Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys im a newbie here i signed onto this site lookin for some info on a bike i found by a skip in cork in ireland a couple of years ago, i have since rebuilt the bike keepin very little of the original gear, mainly cause it was shagged, but she was kitted out in richie parts, brakes seat post bar and stem with shimano parralax hubs xtr rc shifters etc etc, i know the bikes are U.S built originaly, and were the origins of easton tubing before the easton company was set up, They were raced by Tim Gould in the late 80's and it is a rapid machine with unusual geometery, ive built it up a bit and she now has marzoc z3.5 open bath on with hollow tech 2 and shimano xtr gear, magura hydro rim brakes mavic rims, fsa carbon pro bars etc i love this bike to bits it is my day to day runner and ive never seen another in the flesh, the frame is the bonded one with the allen key secured dropouts in black and gold with peugot grisley team stickers its got great feel and flex, id love to find the full history of these bikes if anyone can give me some more info than i have id be real thankfull, i dont know if they are collectable yet but im sure it will be one day. thanks guys :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Martin,

You may be better off searching on a European forum, such as Retrobike, as it's of european origin - here's what that the search engine throws up there:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/search.php?mode=results

Here's a picture of one I built up from a NOS frame - they can also be badged as 'Reflex' or 'Peugeot' too.

Why not try and rebuild with period parts?

Mr K

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts