Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may have heard, PF has the inflammatory muscle disease Inclusion-Body Myositis (IBM). He is still able to play guitar without any difficulty, but with the window now beginning to possibly close forever, he booked a farewell tour that will keep him on the road this summer and possibly a bit longer.

He has several albums in the can, and is "recording like a madman". His latest disc, by the Peter Frampton Band, is called All Blues, and is mostly (if not all) covers. A track here: https://www.facebook.com/PeterFramp...pton-band-the-thrill-is-gone/179078243019699/ Or here:

Good interview with the guy here: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...mpton-degenerative-muscle-disease-ibm-797556/

Enjoy! :p

·
Cycologist
10,342 Posts
Thanks, Finch!

I did read about his situation awhile ago. Interesting that he is so inspired to produce as much as he can while he can.

·
EMBA Member
1,985 Posts
Back in the mid-70's, before Frampton Comes Alive was issued, I went to a concert in San Diego. Headliner was Ten Years After (if I remember right), opening act was Peter Frampton. I'd never heard his music before. Didn't know who he was.

He played the Frampton Comes Alive set, or most of it, anyway. People really got into it as his set progressed. I'd never seen extensive use of the talk box before - it really got everyone's attention. Very enjoyable show.

Wishing the best to you, Peter.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Check out his tiny desk concert from 2016. Still a great musician and performer. We're all getting older, and eventually nothing will work anymore. Use it while you got it--Peter Frampton definitely has used his talents to the fullest.

·
Raleigh
362 Posts
My rents were Framptonites and they would jam PF constantly on our trips down to San Felipe from North County (San Diego) in the 70's. I was not quite 10 yet at the time, and dug me some Frampton.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,079 Posts
Thanks, I heard about his situation but didn’t realize it was this bad.

I saw him live at a small outdoor venue in Denver in 2003’. I was basically dragged to that concert and am grateful for it. Good times were had and hopefully I can get to see him again before he’s done.

·
Registered
174 Posts
my biggest connection to Peter Frampton, Simpson episode notwithstanding was the movie Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts club band from 1978

check it out. Bee Gees, Beatles, Peter Frampton, George Burns, Steven Tyler, so many notable from the 70's

·
Co Springs
2,414 Posts
His music links me to floating around in the waters of Caribbean.
I was 14 or 15 at the time and it seems all the cool kids were hanging out in a patio room near the back of the cruise ship. Music , ping pong and beer.
Was it the juke ? I don't even remember.
Music filled the days and if not Frampton, then Grand Funk RR and Queen as the more prominent sounds. It still feels like a dream to go to those memories while vacationing with cousins, meeting girls from some group trip out of St Louis, getting stuck in the elevator, midnight and 2am buffet choices and no restrictions from Heineken bevs.

It wasn't so much a highlight of summer, it was an all-encompassing highlight of the teen years !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.