Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I AM I AM
2,222 Posts
Hi BOFH, just checking out the new website now! (ps it's Pebble)
I'm not ready to get out there on a group ride as yet, got to have at least a few more goes at DH on my own. I haven't been riding at all in the last few weeks! Got to get back into it.

I'll make it out to a ride some day though, particularly if there's another Nannup trip.

By the way did you come & watch the DH racing here in Nannup? I was there as a spectator.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ducktape said:
Hi BOFH, just checking out the new website now! (ps it's Pebble)
I'm not ready to get out there on a group ride as yet, got to have at least a few more goes at DH on my own. I haven't been riding at all in the last few weeks! Got to get back into it.

I'll make it out to a ride some day though, particularly if there's another Nannup trip.

By the way did you come & watch the DH racing here in Nannup? I was there as a spectator.
I hope to get out on a group ride when I've finished blinging up the Sin with some Transition wheels & a new drive train. I could use my Trials wheels but I don't think a SS fixie works too well on the DH tracks :p

Nannup & Dwelli aren't for the faint hearted, I like to be able to walk around the stuff that scares me.

·
I AM I AM
2,222 Posts
Yes I went to the Nannup track a few weeks before the race was on, to have a go ad see what it was all about - more so to understand the difficulty because they just make it look so easy.
Anyway yes I walked all the rocky sections and had my brakes on most of the rest of the way down. I must say walking all the way back up was even harder! Next time I'll park the car down the bottom - if I got injured there is no way I'd make it back up the top depending on how bad the injury was of course.
Now that I've got a DH helmet I'm keen for another go, to see if the new lid gives me any extra dutch courage to go a bit faster or take a few more risks. I know there is an easier track around here somewhere (called Tank 7 or dragons back or something) but I'm yet to find exactly where it is. I'll have to convince Hubby to go for a drive and test out the capabilities of the new Forester on some of those dodgy logging tracks, at least then if we get stuck it will be his fault :D

Hey didn't you used to have an STP? Either way the mountain cycle looks nice.
Mine is SS now, but I figured that I wouldn't be going fast enough to need to pedal in a higher gear, and well yeah DH tracks are too steep to pedal up even if you have all the gears. I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age so don't mind having to push these days, however I'm hoping SS will help the fitness considering I'm riding less often as at least it should require more effort.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ducktape said:
Yes I went to the Nannup track a few weeks before the race was on, to have a go ad see what it was all about - more so to understand the difficulty because they just make it look so easy.
Anyway yes I walked all the rocky sections and had my brakes on most of the rest of the way down. I must say walking all the way back up was even harder! Next time I'll park the car down the bottom - if I got injured there is no way I'd make it back up the top depending on how bad the injury was of course.
Now that I've got a DH helmet I'm keen for another go, to see if the new lid gives me any extra dutch courage to go a bit faster or take a few more risks. I know there is an easier track around here somewhere (called Tank 7 or dragons back or something) but I'm yet to find exactly where it is. I'll have to convince Hubby to go for a drive and test out the capabilities of the new Forester on some of those dodgy logging tracks, at least then if we get stuck it will be his fault :D

Hey didn't you used to have an STP? Either way the mountain cycle looks nice.
Mine is SS now, but I figured that I wouldn't be going fast enough to need to pedal in a higher gear, and well yeah DH tracks are too steep to pedal up even if you have all the gears. I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age so don't mind having to push these days, however I'm hoping SS will help the fitness considering I'm riding less often as at least it should require more effort.
I loved my STP2, I had it converted to SS with a KMC koolchain & it made all the difference. I even used to take it on 15km road rides with my daughter in the trailer. I'm sort of sorry I got rid of it, (swapped it for the bike I got all my Trials components off), even though the Bionic is my favourite out of all the bikes I have ever owned, (it is perfect, there isn't a single thing I would change on it apart from setting up the rear brake properly).

I really like my local DH track - it's challenging enough for the good rider & forgiving for the hack like me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.