Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I know these two bikes have different geometry and different travel etc. But I want yours knoledge are they so diffrent that you can judge the cost of judge. I race with perp now but sometimes I' feel would I be better and confident with judge. There's nothing problem with perp don't understand wrong but as you know man wants better and better..:rolleyes: .In Finland races aren't so steep but but still would it be quicker?One race i hoped I would have 64 head angle but don't know would it save me problems..So is 66/64 so much different?Can you adjust perp slacker with double crown forks. Boxxers fork height example isn't so much different compairing to single crowns..How abot wheelbase does it matter much?I haven't tried any other dhbikes so my knowledge is low.Also I'am wondering is somekind of french invasion coming because quite many are driving with sunn's commencals etc..:D Any other thoughts are welcome.

Wonders H:)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
In my opinion there is a difference. I currently have a Prophet and a Judge, but have played with a Perp and plan to add one to my quiver next year. The Judge is a pure downhill bike. By that I mean SPEED. The slacker head angle and longer wheelbase are the two biggest factors. My reason for getting a Perp will be for more FR usage; bike park fun and even all mountain / burly trail fun. If I were to race, I would prefer the Judge. You can put a dual crown on the Perp; will let the others who've done that comment here. But if you have the money, you can whip up a Judge to be a light race machine, and then the Perp for a burly trail and FR bike (i.e. single crown, two rings). Commencals appear to be great bikes; we Americans have little access to them though.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I agree with Kevin. The Judge is a pure race bike. I own a Judge, Gemini & Prohet. The Judge cannot bip and bop as easily as the Gemini. The Judge just blast through everything very fast!!!!!! We have a super technical DH track here which justifies my owning a Judge.

The other advantage the Judge has over my Gemini is the ability to ride much longer at our local DH track and places like Whistler. I don't get beat up as much so I can ride longer.

I have taken my Judge on some all-mountain trails and keeping it on tight single track can be challenging.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
the judge M hafe a WB 115.5cm with boxxer!! thats short for a DH bike.. but this waepen runs quicker trhu the turns then you can think ahead.. if you go 80% ore more down the hill go with the judge!!
i think for one who want do anithing the perp like you drive is the best..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replies.Judge costs here Finland about 5000euros.Maybe I have to think getting sponsors:D But I don't understand how the hell judge costs so much..You can buy intense m6, santa cruch,foes and many more without costing so much.Example m6 costs under 3000e.Well m6 doesn't come with fork..Also yesterday was a race and there were c'dale riders only two_One gemini and my perp. We are minority..:D Pure race machine is my goal.I don't tend to huck or anything like that.Just to get seconds away..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
8664 said:
:D
they are rare....
hafe you check the u2u
Finland I haven't seen any on sale judge's.I think here just few judges and they are black ones(not so beatiful:D ) And I have to say I prefer to new one.Or at least I would know person who sells bike for me.I'am little:skep:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hotel> Some advice: if you're patient, you can get new end-of-year models for CHEAP. Mine is a 2007 Judge 1; got it brand new [complete bike] at the end of last year (September) for $3000. What you need to do is contact a local dealer here in the US. Not sure though if they ship abroad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.