Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I can't find the review for this particular tire, so does anyone have them? Are they any good at all at hooking up on corners/

The race is in Marquette Michigan, Ore2Shore, and it is 48 miles of all sorts of different terrain. I noted at last years event that there is atleast half of the trail being road, 2track, or fire road. So, not much need for a tire with lots of knobs on it.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm wondering also.....

H.I.D. KEVIN said:
Hey, I can't find the review for this particular tire, so does anyone have them? Are they any good at all at hooking up on corners/

The race is in Marquette Michigan, Ore2Shore, and it is 48 miles of all sorts of different terrain. I noted at last years event that there is atleast half of the trail being road, 2track, or fire road. So, not much need for a tire with lots of knobs on it.

Thanks
Kevin
I've asked this question before also....
I guess we'll just have to buy some and test them out..
I see they're on sale for only $14.99 right now......
and if you are getting something else and go over $50 you can get a 20% discount

See......couponcraze.com says using 6000386 in code box for Performance online

I've used the sister tire....the Performance SuperTrac and its got a bit more tread but runs real fast, especially after it wears down just a bit...
but it and I suspect the Topo FasTrac are both low volume tires......so if you've got them pumped up just a bit they do let you feel the bumps...

By the way, the SuperTrac model wears quite well compared to some other real fast tire such as the Nokian NBX 2.0 Lites
However if you just want to get a real real fast tire with fairly excellent grip for that race, then think about the Nokian.
You can get them at AEBIKE.COM for $30.99 plus about $7 s&h

Nice tire......even on the road.....Rates the best in rolling resistance but the Topo wasn't tested so I don't know how it would do

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.