Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read so many stories here about online merchants double billing, not honoring coupons, never shipping back ordered merchandise, etc., that I figured I should post this more positive experience.

First off, let me say that I have never encountered a problem with Performance or any other retailer I've purchased through online. I did run into a potential issue a few weeks back with Performance. I ordered two 8 speed cassettes and two 8 speed chains. The total came to about $65.00. I had a coupon code good for $20.00 off any purchase of $75.00 or more, so I ordered a replacement bulb for my helmet light. I go to check out, and it tells me the coupon has expired. I log onto mtbr.com, check the code and expiration, and the coupon expires that day. I place the order, and make a note to them that it would not take the coupon and that I expected to be refunded the difference and crossed my fingers.

The next morning, I check my email, and I have the confirmation from Performance that I placed the order. I look it over, and there's a mistake. I ordered the wrong cassette. I call customer service, and they take care of the change. I ask the woman what could be done about the coupon code, and her reply was basically "There's nothing I can do, the coupon may have expired at noon the day you placed your order, I just don't know". I wasn't too happy, but the goods I purchased were already at a very good price, so I just sucked it in and waited for everything to arrive. The order came within 2 days as promised, and the correct good were shipped.

Today, I go to check the balance on my credit card and there it is. Lo and behold, a $20.00 credit from Performance! I thought for sure they would have just blew me off, but in this instance, they did the right thing.

Thank you Performance for making this right for me.

Clyde

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Performance seems to overcharge at the store a lot.

At the store, they'll put a Sale sign next to an item on the shelf and list a good price. They often don't enter the sale price into their computer, so you're charged full price. At the register there is no display that will show you what price you're being charged. They won't even show you a receipt until after you pay. Several times I've driven home and then discovered I'd been charged full price on sale items. Now I inspect the receipt while I'm at the register. More often than not the bill has overcharges. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It should be buyer aware at every store. Just check the receipt before you walk out the door. I don't know how many times I've had to go back for adjustments at every store from Costco to Best Buy. Many grocery stores guarantee the price on the shelf matches the price you pay, but how often do you find the price on the shelf...:)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Whenever I order something online to be price matched at performance, they never do it, I always get billed their catalog price, then I have to email or call them about it, to let them know about the price matching error. Then I have to resend them the links/ads to price match. Then I usually have to email or call them again to remind them to credit my account a couple weeks later.

Since it's happened my last 3-4 online orders so I think from now on I'm going to phone my orders in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another good experience with Performance

I probably used that same code for $20 off. I got some shorts, didn't like them, sent them back and ordered some other items. Not only did they let me keep the $20 off, but they didn't charge me shipping for the new items.......and here's the real kicker, they credited my credit card for what it cost me to ship the shorts back!!! I didn't even ask them to do that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.