Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some pretty positive reviews on these, but couldn't find is they ran true to size. Anyone with any experience with these? An honest 2.2? There claimed weight is decently light for the price, so was wondering if they run small.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I don't have calipers, and width will depend a little on rim width, but I have pisgah front and tsali rear on my hardtail. In my opinion, they might run a *little* small. That's pretty much just a WAG as it seems most tire companies seem to be less than precise at measuring widths so it's hard to even have a reliable "standard" to eyeball it against.

I will say that I've been overall impressed with them, and given the reasonable price, so much the better.

·
some know me as mongo
686 Posts
They do run small but they really are good tires. I have run most of the performance brand tires with good success. They might not be as good a some of the top tier tires out the but they are not far off, that and they are much cheaper than those tires.

I have the tsali tires on my cummuter bike which see trails on a frequent basis and they hook up decently on the loose over concrete hard trails I have out here. I bet they would hook up really well on normal dirt. They came in a bit lighter than the claimed weight and roll really well. They also seem to be lasting a really long time compared to other tires I have used.

·
Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
1,080 Posts
If you're looking for a cheap tire with good volume, decent weight and an aggressive tread, give the Duro Switch a gander. $15 each and if you don't like them, you're not out of pocket too much. Also, they mounted up to my Charger Comps with no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm running Pisgah on Stans Arch Ex wheels and they're great. Seems like they're 2" though, not 2.2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm running the Tsali on a Easton XC rim and it runs closers to 2.05 at 35psi. Its small, but it rolls really fast on hard-pack, a little squirrly on loose over hard-pack.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Definitely not a true 2.2". I replaced my front kenda nevegal with the Pisgah 2.2,,,,,its quite narrower, but has been performing well. Much lighter than the Nevegal.

Attachments

·
Professional Crastinator
6,122 Posts
I have both and they were close enough to 56mm (on a 28mm rim).

The Pisgah works in the loose and wet stuff, and even OK in snow.

The Tsali rails on hardpack, but fails in mud. It is good on pavement in the rain, too.

-F

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I've read some pretty positive reviews on these, but couldn't find is they ran true to size. Anyone with any experience with these? An honest 2.2? There claimed weight is decently light for the price, so was wondering if they run small.
I have a Pisgah on the rear of my FS 29er trailbike, and it seems as big as any of the other 2.2 or 2.3 tires I've used. That is, they aren't size lying any more than Kenda or Maxis.

Good tire! It seems to have really good dig-in climbing traction. Rolling resistance is decent. Not fast, but not noticeably slow. Can't beat the price.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got one, I wouldn't recommend it. It hooks up ok at first, but once the edge on the ramped knobs (where the ramp meets the top of the knob) wear a little, it doesn't hook up at all climbing on roots & rocks. I noticed the difference after a month or two of riding.

It's better for cross country riding, not good for technical riding. Instead of the Pisgah, they should have called it the DuPont.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts