Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first Team Performance double points weekend (august 7 and 8), but I had one question: while they give you 20% back in points, do they raise all their sale prices back up to regular, thereby negating the usual good deals and 10% points back?

Almost like a bait and switch but in a reward points sort of way.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I don't think they do....

danK said:
This will be my first Team Performance double points weekend (august 7 and 8), but I had one question: while they give you 20% back in points, do they raise all their sale prices back up to regular, thereby negating the usual good deals and 10% points back?

Almost like a bait and switch but in a reward points sort of way.
'cause they would have to riase their prices for everybody, non-members included. I've found that Performance doesn't really play that game too well to their advantage. That is, they have thier TP pricing on a few things, their sale prices in the store, their sale prices on the web, and the sale prices in the catalog as well as the regular price. It seems that none of these hands know what the other hands are doing, and sometimes the TP prices are higher than any of them, sometimes they are the lowest. If the web price is lowest, I print it out and bring it to the store. One of my pet peeves with Performance is that I have to play find their own lowest price, cuase they won't bother to do it for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i found Perf in the yellow pages last year (never heard of em before), and by coincidence it was their double-points weekend. The bike i bought was on sale/closeout, and over the next few weeks the other ones still had the same price i paid. So, no, they dont raise their prices.

On the down side, it took me almost a whole year to finally spend all my points. Maybe i dont buy stuff the way most ppl do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts