Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a bad thing when they call and say my bike wont be ready because they have to shim somthing to make the rotor clear the inside of the fork isnt it... :yikes: If they screw up my bike im gonna kill them!:cryin:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
motormonkeyr6 said:
Its a bad thing when they call and say my bike wont be ready because they have to shim somthing to make the rotor clear the inside of the fork isnt it... :yikes: If they screw up my bike im gonna kill them!:cryin:
nah that is standard procedure.....man that is nice of them to do that so your rotor doesn't rub your pads

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
motormonkeyr6 said:
... No Im just trying/ wondering how can a rotor cause a wheel not to fit?! Its a reg 7.3!??!?!?! Why would they have to shim it?
If you're that stressed, go in morning and check it out. What were they doing to the bike in the first place?

·
Canadian Invasion
296 Posts
I hate performance bikes. I bought my rocky mountain there and they were like, "oh yeah, we'll be authorized dealers forever." Three months later, "Um, call Cynergy Cycles...they are authorized dealers." Plus, every-time I took my bike to get fixed or a tune-up, it was always a week to get it back. At least they motivated me to buy tools and start pulling **** apart myself.

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I only bought the bike from them because I get performance points for gear and energy gells (thats what i mostly buy there XD) But I really dont plan on taking it back for service because I can do what ever they do there at home! Their mechs are preaty incompotent I watching a guy put a bike together... it took him 30 mins to attach the handle bar, front wheel and tweak the brakes.......... Thats like what maybe 5 mins! lol... But they do have good customer service for broken components and the people that work there are friendly (ish) I didnt even clearly understand it on the phone they where shimming somthing so the rotor would have clearance to fit inside the fork!? I dont know why they would have to shim somthing like that, I've NEVER heard of that!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
motormonkeyr6 said:
I only bought the bike from them because I get performance points for gear and energy gells (thats what i mostly buy there XD) But I really dont plan on taking it back for service because I can do what ever they do there at home! Their mechs are preaty incompotent I watching a guy put a bike together... it took him 30 mins to attach the handle bar, front wheel and tweak the brakes.......... Thats like what maybe 5 mins! lol... But they do have good customer service for broken components and the people that work there are friendly (ish) I didnt even clearly understand it on the phone they where shimming somthing so the rotor would have clearance to fit inside the fork!? I dont know why they would have to shim somthing like that, I've NEVER heard of that!!!
I never want to hear you talk **** about a mechanic, just cuz a guys learning doesnt mean you have to be a douch, no one cares about you haveing to get a freakin shim in ur break, your incompetent if youve never heard of someone putting shims so the rotors wont rub, run back home xc boy

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
www.rscycle.com has the 7.3 for 550$ less than performance bike. hope you got them to pricematch if not.... do research next time you buy. you could have got a 7.5 from rscycle.com for 150$ more than what performance is charging for the 7.3. tell peformance to cancel your order! QUICK!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
mtb4life45 said:
yo, if you're in the bay area go to summit bikes in burlingame or los gatos, i work part time at the one in burlingame, we have some sick mechanics that actually know what they're doing.
I don't mean to be disrespectful... but why? From the PM you sent me, it doesn't sound like the mechs there are knowledgable at all.

If you can do all the work yourself, then do it yourself next time.

A week is not a big deal, sometimes we get so bogged down over the summer that tuneups and major repairs are by appointment only.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
motormonkeyr6 said:
Naw I had performance price match it.. Im not that dumb.... :) And I guess thats what they call it... first they said shimm then they said file down lol
people make mistakes, get over it, have you ever worked at a shop? or a job at all for that matteR?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.