Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VENI VEDI BIKI
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took yesterday off of work to do some mtb'ng and blow off steam after finishing a huge project at the office. I had worked for 2 weeks straight 12+ hrs a day and was hitting my "cracking point" with the stress. I was at the point where I hated everything and was just a bear to be around. My wife insisted I take the day and go biking.....

It was an absolute perfect day for riding. Mid 70s, crisp air, leaves falling, yellow, orange and gold trees, nice cool breeze, great trail conditions. Couldn't have asked for a better day for riding.

The trails were awesome. Despite not having slept in 3 days, I hit everything, shredded corners, landed jumps, and didn't crash. I did not bring a watch and rode until exhaustion. Four hours later, I emerged from the woods with a smile on my face, laid down under a large maple tree shedding its leaves with a bottle of brown ale, and thought: "Life is good"

·
Registered
682 Posts
Wonderful post to read.
Sometimes I do the same thing. Admittedly never working that much, but when life feels like its kicking your ass... And you just think life is good after a ride like that, every time.

Good times indeed :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.