Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today and rode at Arcadia in RI. My fam comes back tonight, so I had one more day of goofing off before the fatherly responsibilities are back. Just to be clear, I ride just about every weekend, but a ride like today's, 3 1/2 hours and an hour each way to drive would be taking advantage of my ever patient wife.

Anyway, the day was perfect, 75 degrees, a little breeze, no humidity. I can't think of a nicer ride. I did about 27 miles solo. It was fantastic. I know the trails at Arcadia kinda, really I know one loop. Today, I checked out some side trails and got lost several times, no worries. Just keep riding. I saw two hikers, one other biker and a couple of groups of horses. Everyone must be in NH or MA today :D Now I know what you guys out west complain about with regards to horse poop. Jeez that stuff stinks and is all over the place. I don't think I've seen evidence of horses out there before, today there was a lot of "evidence".

A couple of pics, but none riding since I was solo.

1) The ride I did today was probably 70% single track, the rest fire roads.
2) Breakheart Pond
3, 4 and 5) Remnants of a very old, abandoned cemetary I came across. Dates on the headstones were from the early 1800's - cool.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
You maybe right about them being in NH again this weekend. I'm lucky to be in an area that nobody rides. Good pics once agian Jirsh. Here's a family getaway for you www.wfff.org, I will be hosting a fried dough ride on Sunday of the event. Mostly fire road, lots of up and down and plenty of rock. Hopefuly plenty of fall color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.