Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please have a close look on these both salsa shirts. do you notice some differences too? and it is not just the background colour.

it seems that on the left pic pepperman is ridin on of the first motos that ross build.
@firstflightbike you will find some pics of a fork crown and of some salsa stems that look similar.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
swonte said:
please have a close look on these both salsa shirts. do you notice some differences too? and it is not just the background colour.

it seems that on the left pic pepperman is ridin on of the first motos that ross build.
@firstflightbike you will find some pics of a fork crown and of some salsa stems that look similar.
Yep, I think Ross (as in Salsa Ross, not Ross bicycles) might have made one of the first 4-bolt stems. It's kinda cool that he changed the stem design on the pepperman logo as he changed the stem design to roller type. I like it.

That's also where the "If it ain't moto, it's worthless" slogan was too. I remembered stickers they made, but forgot about the pepperman logo. Pepperman just doesn't look the same these days.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,908 Posts
I always thought that the whole 4-bolt stems thing was just from BMX bikes myself. 1" quill stems with short extensions, and not much rise and 4-bolts were common on BMX bikes and every mtb was a 1" front end until 1989.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about the one-piece machined fork crown, to sad that salsa doesn't make them any more. would be perfect for the la cruz.
and the straddle cable looks like pepperman is riding a mafac canti in front.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
another Pepperman motto

I recall when Pepperman's motto was "Lick Bush in '88"

Where the hell is he when we REALLY need him? I guess the evil neocon forces have gotten to him....

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
bulC said:
I recall when Pepperman's motto was "Lick Bush in '88"

Where the hell is he when we REALLY need him? I guess the evil neocon forces have gotten to him....
I remember the lick bush in 88 slogan. Dang funny. Ross has an incredible sense of humour. The operator's manual for the Salsa coffee mugs was a hoot.

Pepperman is alive and well and operating Six-Nine Design Check out the stringed instruments and tube amplifiers he's making.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts