Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When doing some road riding on my way to the trails yesterday, I took a bike path that ended up having four different broken down people with bikes. I asked them all if they needed any help, and two out of four them just flat out ignored me. I slowed down, looked right at them, asked them twice, and nothing... Just a blank (seemingly chemically induced stare) and continued walking with their bike with a flat... People in Massachusetts are strange, with the exception of the mountain bikers as the ones I meet on the trails all seem normal...

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
That's odd. I do a bike/camping trip into that states awesome state parks usually once, twice, sometimes thrice a year, and find the people to be super cool and helpful.

Sorry people, should I just think to myself Oh Boy, yet another attempt, and move along?

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Me and one of my MTB buds were out on the road bikes one day and there was a roadie all dooded up in a yellow and black team kit changing a flat on the side of the road. We stopped and asked if he needed any help and he said "why aren't you guys riding your mountain bikes today?" I asked how do you know we're mountain bikers and he said cuz you're wearing baggy shorts and helmets with visors. I looked at my bud and said...this fashion critique coming from a guy dressed like a big banana...and we rode off. Geez, you ask the doochbag if he needs help and he gives you crap. Next time I'll just ride by and ignore.

·
aka greyranger
507 Posts
banana

Me and one of my MTB buds were out on the road bikes one day and there was a roadie all dooded up in a yellow and black team kit changing a flat on the side of the road. We stopped and asked if he needed any help and he said "why aren't you guys riding your mountain bikes today?" I asked how do you know we're mountain bikers and he said cuz you're wearing baggy shorts and helmets with visors. I looked at my bud and said...this fashion critique coming from a guy dressed like a big banana...and we rode off. Geez, you ask the ******bag if he needs help and he gives you crap. Next time I'll just ride by and ignore.
I remember that, very funny. He was probably there for an hour trying to fix that tire.

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
LOL, if that banana had half a brain he'd have known that it had rained the night before and THAT'S why we were on the road bikes...not because we like it or anything;)

·
gran jefe
2,692 Posts
sometimes people have headphones in.

i think people get embarrassed that they had a mechanical in the first place, feel more embarrassed that they don't have the right stuff to fix it, and then feel even more embarrassed when you offer to let them use your stuff, and they have no idea how to use it. so they scurry back to the car, hoping you don't see them, and then drop the bike at the lbs on the way home.

·
Super Moderator
6,781 Posts
Move along....nothing to see here.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm going with the chemically induced philosophy. It's my hypothesis that with the public healthcare system here that they just try to get everyone here on mind numbing drugs so that people walk around without any personality and oblivious to their own surroundings... It would explain the driving as well...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I must say that as a mtber who has recently started doing some road riding for training, I often find myself saying hi to others out on the road. I guess it is unbuilt from being out on the trails. As mtbers I think we are a much tighter community and a he'll of a lot friendlier! Needless to say I do get a lot of blank expressions from the roadies...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I still wave to everyone who yields to me as a road biker. However observing other people it is as if they feel the entitlement and won't wave. Basically all this to say mtbers are infinitely more friendly, the surfers of the group versus the haughty wine tasters.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts