Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode at case today and yesterday, different routes, and heard a distinct loud noise from somewhere in the woods. I sounded like gunfire, and it seemed to be towards the south/southeast region of the area. Yesterday I was riding on Bambi, and heard it and booked out of there. Today, I rode from case pond on the shenipsit back towards that area, and could swear I heard a loud percussive noise to the southeast. I'm not that familiar with guns or the sounds they make, but this did not sound natural.
Does anyone know WHAT THE HELL this is???? This is freaking the crap out of me and I'm hoping for an explanation or SOMETHING. I wear bright colors (orange, red, or bright yellow) on top, and I'm not fond of being shot at. I know there's a police range on line street, but that was to the west south west of me, and this was definitely farther to the east.

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Wow, I'd be interested to hear more. I was out there yesterday AM and I didn't hear anything that sounded like gunshots. I did hear what sounded like construction noise in the Case Pond Lot area (maybe a bit further up Birch Mt Road). Certainly hunting deer at Case would not be much of a challenge. I think you could hunt them with a knife if you wanted to. I've gotten within 10 yards of deer there, actually almost got hit by one on the powerlines during a night ride a month or so ago.

John

·
Registered
178 Posts
Me and dave found fresh shotgun shells on the powerlines today I don't know if thats what you heard but it would make sense, or it was the Albasi's shooting down at their range. Yeah Jisch i've gotten within 10 feet of some deer at case, and they don't move they just stare at me.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The Manchester police have a gun range on Line St., between the Line St. parking area and Manchester Country Club. That may be what you heard. I've ridden the area for over 20 years and have never seen hunters in the Case Reservation or Manchester Water District land.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.