Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am selling my 04 racer x on ebay. i advertise it as usa made, because back then, guess what, they were....

then some guy sends me a message:

Jeff:
Titus frames are not made in USA. They are from Taiwan.

BC:
Jeff, no offense, but are you a newb. at one time, all of titus frames were made in the usa. This was a 2004 frame, and guess what, it was hand built in tempe arizona... Thanks for the question.

Jeff:
Go ahead & keep misreprenting what you sell. Maybe the buyer won't want his/her money back.

PS: I wouldn't ever be so stupid as you to pay all that money for a made in Taiwan cookie cutter joke of a bike. Walmart sells bikes similar; you could of saved some money. But hey, follow the sheep.

---------------------------
I am not sure what Jeff's problem is, but man, i think he has some serious issues....i get the vibe he has a grudge or vendetta against titus...

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
there are several threads on here that clear the issue up. you should find one of those threads and post it as a link on your listing because your are likely right on this one.

i have an early 06 RX 100 that was made in the US (unless the guys at Titus lied to me and i doubt that)....mostly Motolites were made overseas until a certain date and then RX and other bikes began to be assembled there as well. I wouldn't care if my RX was made in Taiwan as far as the quality of the build goes. It would still be just as nice IMO. the whole USA vs. everywhere else issue is more about keeping jobs inside the US. this guy is a moron. don't sweat it.

Heres one: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=260284&highlight=titus+racer+x+made+outside+usa?

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
jsnk1975 said:
there are several threads on here that clear the issue up. you should find one of those threads and post it as a link on your listing because your are likely right on this one.

i have an early 06 RX 100 that was made in the US (unless the guys at Titus lied to me and i doubt that)....mostly Motolites were made overseas until a certain date and then RX and other bikes began to be assembled there as well. I wouldn't care if my RX was made in Taiwan as far as the quality of the build goes. It would still be just as nice IMO. the whole USA vs. everywhere else issue is more about keeping jobs inside the US. this guy is a moron. don't sweat it.

Heres one: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=260284&highlight=titus+racer+x+made+outside+usa?
I don't think it's a question of wether he's "likly right" he's 100% right. All 04 RX's were built in house. It was a Titus trademark until 05 when they out sourced the ML "I know the Loco as well". It's still seems strange to me that Titus is even questioned in some way's.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know i am right. i was good friends w/ the titus crew and had been to their facility several times...anyway, the guy proceedd to tell me he was from AZ, so i guess that makes him an expert on all things arizona...

i was just venting some frustration...the guy has emailed me several times, his responses are not helping.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
in house

at one time,

they most definately were. i took the factory tour back in about '03. one of the most interesting & informative "bike world" experiences you could have. don't know what's going now but it should be easy to find out. w/ their location in a strip mall type of building in Mesa, it shouldn't be too hard to nail down if they are still actually building bikes there. get on it somebody!;)

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
big country said:
i know i am right. i was good friends w/ the titus crew and had been to their facility several times...anyway, the guy proceedd to tell me he was from AZ, so i guess that makes him an expert on all things arizona...

i was just venting some frustration...the guy has emailed me several times, his responses are not helping.
I think that only aluminium motolites are the ones made in Taiwan by Kinesis. And originaly, when Titus decided to outsource the Moto Lite line, they were made in the US Kinesis plant until Kinesis decided to close it and move all the production line from the US to their Taiwan plant.

Tell him that if he doesn't want to buy your bike, he can go looking elsewhere, but that your bike is made in USA.

Edit:
BTW, I doubt he will buy your bike, so don't waste too much time on him.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
I guess you already gave him a reasonable explanation.

Just do what do offend them the most.... ignore him.

As a good ole friend of mine said... "Don't feed the pigs with flowers"

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
My take

This seems to be another of those insidous posts that seem to diss the Titus brand in an innocent way. See La_buzz's posts.
I got my first custom ti Racer X in 1999. I looked at is as a better bike for me than a Seven, Merlin, Moots, etc. Made in USA custom titanium, excelllent design, great service, etc. And less snobby.
The fact that they were the only ones to take my then $5000 bike and offer it at $1500-$2000 complete (1999) in aluminum and USA-made was incredible.
I still think of it in these terms. I can easily compare a custom Exogrid Motolite (with full XTR) for nearly $8000 with any other builder's bike in the world.
Then after I look at my checking account balance, I can get almost the same complete bike functionally and otherwise for $2495. Same service, same design, same great bike. Front triangle welded in Taiwan-I can live with that.

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
This seems to be another of those insidious posts that seem to diss the Titus brand in an innocent way. See La_buzz's posts.
I got my first custom ti Racer X in 1999. I looked at is as a better bike for me than a Seven, Merlin, Moots, etc. Made in USA custom titanium, excellent design, great service, etc. And less snobby.
The fact that they were the only ones to take my then $5000 bike and offer it at $1500-$2000 complete (1999) in aluminum and USA-made was incredible.
I still think of it in these terms. I can easily compare a custom Exogrid Motolite (with full XTR) for nearly $8000 with any other builder's bike in the world.
Then after I look at my checking account balance, I can get almost the same complete bike functionally and otherwise for $2495. Same service, same design, same great bike. Front triangle welded in Taiwan-I can live with that.
Especially when the front triangles are THIS SOLID! and that's no joke. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.