Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Check the PA forum

glennd357 said:
I may be moving to Penn. Are tere any good trails not in, but around the noth side of Philly? (i.e. near Plumstead)
I've lived in the Philly area all my life, and frankly don't know where Plumstead is. Check the PA forum, as well as the trail reviews section of the site.

Bob

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
if you are referring to Plumstead

glennd357 said:
I may be moving to Penn. Are tere any good trails not in, but around the noth side of Philly? (i.e. near Plumstead)
in Bucks County, check out High Rocks. You can read the reviews in the PA trails section.

I have not been there in a while, but it was great last time i rode it.

·
Respect Your Trails
329 Posts
Pa

There are some good rides in the area. Northwest of Philly you have a number of options:

Core Creek is great for an after work spin.
Wissahickon is just in city limits and offers a good variety of riding.
High Rocks (part of Ralph Stover State Park) is a good run.
There are a few rides just a short drive into Jersey- Round Valley and Sourlands
Then you can head a little more north toward Allentown and Bethlehem for some more options.

Check out the PA boards like others have said, and the NJ ones as well.
www.bikevmb.com is a group site that rides and builds in the Allentown area.
Not to mention the trail search section here on MTBR.

glennd357 said:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Jt

dahoos said:
There are some good rides in the area. Northwest of Philly you have a number of options:

Core Creek is great for an after work spin.
Wissahickon is just in city limits and offers a good variety of riding.
High Rocks (part of Ralph Stover State Park) is a good run.
There are a few rides just a short drive into Jersey- Round Valley and Sourlands
Then you can head a little more north toward Allentown and Bethlehem for some more options.

Check out the PA boards like others have said, and the NJ ones as well.
www.bikevmb.com is a group site that rides and builds in the Allentown area.
Not to mention the trail search section here on MTBR.
Jim Thrope is amazing PA riding and has been host to Mountain Bike Weekend for the last 20 years. TONS of riding

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
glennd357 said:
Blue Marsh Lake (Reading area) was rated one of the top 10 in the country by one of the mags awhile back. About 34 miles of beautiful singletrack around a lake. A must do!

I live closer to the jim thorpe in the poconos so do most of my riding there now.

Also check out French Creek.

·
Am I getting too bulky?
800 Posts
I really enjoy Blue Marsh, but easily half of the ride around the lake is doubletrack, fireroads, and decaying asphalt roads leading into the lake. No reason not to ride it though, just saying. Just as close as Blue Marsh, depending on where you live, is Fair Hill, in Maryland, just on the other side of Newark, Delaware. Excellent riding, IMHO. Also in Delaware are the Woodlawn Conservancy/Brandywine Creek State Park, and Middle Run/White Clay. Check them out for a great change of pace. French Creek and Wissahikon and Jim Thorpe are where you want to go if you like rocky technical riding. Also in the city are Belmont Plateau and Pennypack park. High Rocks/Ralph Stover is cool, though very worn out and not worth the trip for me. Maybe if a local can show you the goods it would be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.