Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't start bashing on me for asking this... I was just curious if they made any pegs for mountain bikes? It would be to throw on my ss rig that i ride around campus with, so that i could transport a friend with me when i ride.... the bike's a 2004 Hardrock SS

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
If you've got bolt-on axles that are long enough, you can run BMX pegs without a problem. Like I did once just for kicks on my Kona Coiler.
are the axles the right size for the pegs though? i heard they are supposed to be for 3/8" or 14mm axles...? what size are normal mountain bike ones?

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
synkronized23 said:
are the axles the right size for the pegs though? i heard they are supposed to be for 3/8" or 14mm axles...? what size are normal mountain bike ones?
I had old ones lying around that use the 10mm axle. And I also found a bunch of axle reducers, so you can use 10mm axles in 12mm dropouts, and 12mm axles in 14mm dropouts, etc, etc, etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.