Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked it up a week ago from a former Campy Employee.

this was the VERY first bike in the United States with Campy OR. this was Campy's show bike to display they new Campy Off Road group they were going to introduce the following year. all of the campy gear has "prototype" on them (which i didn't notice until just today!). The frame was made by Pegoretti which is pretty special on it's own.

there should be photos of this somewhere since im sure it was photographed by nearly every magazine back them. anyone know where they've seen a photo? it would be pretty cool to have a magazine article with a photo of this. anyway, enjoy the pics.

·
artistic...
7,637 Posts
Veloculture said:
the serial number is 24 so i would say be made at least 24 of them. i think. maybe.
Pegoretti has a geared steel hardtail and an aluminum singlespeed on their website.

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MendonCycleSmith said:
Curious.... I saw Colker's comments too. I didn't know he did at all. A quick search didn't turn up anything else. How's she ride? :thumbsup:
i'll let you know really soon. it rides nice in the parking lot. i just threw up photos when my employee pointed out all the prototype stickers on this bikes. nice surprise for sure.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
F'in A! Now that's what it's all about! Nice pick up, Sky! Is that an RS pick-up? We were probably the first ones to see that in the US down in Carlsbad.

hollister said:
a solid red Pegoretti:confused:
When you're Campagnolo, the world turns for you (at least in Italy).

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Sweet :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: How did u ever find this? your goona need to display this in your shop :cool:

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ssmike said:
F'in A! Now that's what it's all about! Nice pick up, Sky! Is that an RS pick-up? We were probably the first ones to see that in the US down in Carlsbad.

When you're Campagnolo, the world turns for you (at least in Italy).
yeah, thats who i got it from. i also picked up these trade show display bikes from him. i know they're road bikes but these are bikes anybody could appreciate.

NOS De Rosa with C-Record and Shamal wheels

and this Team Telecom NOS Merckx. C-Record with Delta's and Sheriff Star hubs. yes, that is actually Eddy's signature! no, it's not a decal signature. it's the real deal done with a sharpie.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
bikerboy said:
Gorgeous bike indeed. To me, those cantis don't look like they'd have a lot of leverage. Am I wrong on this?
yes, you are, although the rear is set up kinda bad. Lots of leveraage on those. Long arms combined with the narrow profile increases leverage. The narrow/low profile part of the equation there might be a bit counterintuitive, but it has to do with multiplying forces. But, long narrow arms are much better handled when set up in a V brake fashion since the cable pull is more in line with the arms' motion.

·
artistic...
7,637 Posts
Veloculture said:
yeah, thats who i got it from. i also picked up these trade show display bikes from him. i know they're road bikes but these are bikes anybody could appreciate.

NOS De Rosa with C-Record and Shamal wheels

and this Team Telecom NOS Merckx. C-Record with Delta's and Sheriff Star hubs. yes, that is actually Eddy's signature! no, it's not a decal signature. it's the real deal done with a sharpie.

ooooooohhhhh.... the de rosa is so sexy.

they are both my size.... i would ride the merckx extensively.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.