Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok all...
Since I have a set of wheels being built after the holidays... Mavic EX 729 Disc with Pro II hubs... I need the following question answered.

Do you think a guy like me at 260Lbs can live with QR hubs running Shimano XT Skewers or should I order this instead " Pro ll Rear 135mm - 10mm thro' - 6 Bolt (SAINT) " and do the rear 10mm DT Swiss thrubolt conversion?

I don't think I will want the " Pro ll Rear 135mm - 10mm - (Bolt-in) " version as it seems more of a PITA.

If I can get by with QR then all the better as my order is already placed that way from last week.

Thanks.

·
Singletrack Addict!!!
913 Posts
There are mainly two factors to consider, what bike are they gonna be on (flexy rear or stout)and what type of riding are you into. I have the 10mm bolt and thou it's not as easy as a qr, it's far from being a difficult or complicated task. I'd say not as convenient if you remove the wheel a lot. I would not change back into regular qr, 10mm qr if the price and availability of the skewers were better, so far I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Relayden said:
There are mainly two factors to consider, what bike are they gonna be on (flexy rear or stout)and what type of riding are you into. I have the 10mm bolt and thou it's not as easy as a qr, it's far from being a difficult or complicated task. I'd say not as convenient if you remove the wheel a lot. I would not change back into regular qr, 10mm qr if the price and availability of the skewers were better, so far I'm very happy with them.
Forgot to mention that.

Bike: 2007 Banshee Scirocco - stout hardtail.
Riding: XC with 3 foot drops at the max

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Get the bolt on.
You want a stiff riding frame, or convenience to take the wheel off?
Which is more important? :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.