Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started messing around alot with peddal grids(front wheel and peddal). The issue that I am running into is how to exit or hop of the object I'm grinding on. I feel like I'm trying to kick off with my peddal, but then my front wheel feels like it hangs up on larger objects. How do you guys hop out of a grind?

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone??

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
when ever i try a pedal grind i usualy end up OTB. when i do suceed i usualy use my front brake to nose manule off the end of what ever im grinding.....
side note im usualy OTB when my pedal an tire conect cuz im going to slow .. im a coward lol .

ohhhhhhh tip take the spikes off the bottom of the pedal your grinding. :D

·
Loves His Sunday
670 Posts
I vote for a DJ/Urban forum. About your question check out hcor.net they have an urban forum and I'm sure you could find or get many answers to any of your urban queestions

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
mxrider489 said:
I vote for a DJ/Urban forum. About your question check out hcor.net they have an urban forum and I'm sure you could find or get many answers to any of your urban queestions
exactly! everything he just said.

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
drum714 said:
I've started messing around alot with peddal grids(front wheel and peddal). The issue that I am running into is how to exit or hop of the object I'm grinding on. I feel like I'm trying to kick off with my peddal, but then my front wheel feels like it hangs up on larger objects. How do you guys hop out of a grind?
okay, okay, Ill chime in. To exit, its really just a bunnyhop with a little exaggeration on pulling the bars. The real key (as it is with most things involving having tires off the ground) is to spot where you want to land. Try not staying in the slide too long. Once you lose momentum, its much tougher to pull off any object whether its a pedal grind, feeble, smith, whateva. Go in fast, come out fairly fast and slide slide slippety slide!

Hope that helps a bit although Im not sure its really and great wisdom.

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speed has never really been an issue. I learned very quick that speed is my friend :p

When ever I pull up on my bars though, my rear tire just drops and I loose all my leverage.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
drum714 said:
Speed has never really been an issue. I learned very quick that speed is my friend :p

When ever I pull up on my bars though, my rear tire just drops and I loose all my leverage.
try xc hopping? i am scared shitless of grinds...

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
scabrider said:
most take out half their pins, but to exit all you do is bunnyhop and twist your body/bike away from the object...
exactly, pull out and up simultaneously. Personally, I don't like destroying my pedals so I stick to grinding on pegs (my urban rig is outfitted with a 14mm rear axle so I can run one in the back too). Anyhow, its still the same movement, pull out and up while psuhing off on the pedal...hey wait, thats just s sidehop, right? Its really that simple. Have fun!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
DJ Park Urban Forum

I ride a 26" hard tail, and just recently started riding with a 24" rear wheel on the street. Although I love DH/FR, it would be a lot better if we had a forum specific to our interest. Moreover, to suggest going to a BMX site is silly. We ride mountain bikes, not BMX bikes, but how we ride doesn't have a lot to do with downhill, and urban freeride isn't the same as the trailside of the sport. The SS guys and chicks have a forum; even the 29ers have a forum. I think we should have a forum on MTBR as well.

By the way, all you Texas riders chime in, I know I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
jherich said:
I ride a 26" hard tail, and just recently started riding with a 24" rear wheel on the street. Although I love DH/FR, it would be a lot better if we had a forum specific to our interest. Moreover, to suggest going to a BMX site is silly. We ride mountain bikes, not BMX bikes, but how we ride doesn't have a lot to do with downhill, and urban freeride isn't the same as the trailside of the sport. The SS guys and chicks have a forum; even the 29ers have a forum. I think we should have a forum on MTBR as well.

By the way, all you Texas riders chime in, I know I'm not the only one.
they have forums because they are actually riding on dirt...

anyway, i'm in favor of a dj/urban forum, if they don't just all leave and go to a BMX site. :D

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
matt said:
they have forums because they are actually riding on dirt...

anyway, i'm in favor of a dj/urban forum, if they don't just all leave and go to a BMX site. :D
Dirt jumping is riding on Dirt. . .

So we should have a forum too.

And I'm sure your not doing a pedal grind on a rock or a log. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts