Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
1. Are you sure you're turning them the right way? The non drive side is reverse threaded.
2. Liquid wrench, or somthing similar.
3. Use somthing big to get leverage on the wrench. A big honking piece of pipe works.
4. More liqud wrench. :D
5. Use a real pedal wrench, not an allen, or an adjustable wrench.
6. Push harder. It's pretty hard to damage anything in your pedal/ crank interface with too much torque. Just make sure you're going the right way, and that the wrench dosn't slip off and strip either itself, or, worse, the pedal.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
To undo you should be turning them towards the front of the bike (assuming the bike is the right way up and not upside down - not sure if it makes any difference). Do up towards the back - it's the easiest way I remember anyway.
Clockwise for drive side and Anticlockwise for non drive side.

I had a stuck pedal not that long ago - I tried the hammer method and that didn't solve anything except bent the allen key. My husband helped me out & used a long pipe over the allen key for more leverage and that got it eventually. Also try some WD40 in there to help.

DMR's are really nice! I recently got a set of v12s - found the fact that they have both a wrench nut and allen key hole to be a very nice touch! These days I make sure I don't do the pedals too tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.