Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, MTBR is testing a beta feature for signatures. By clicking this link, you'll be able to add a visual list of things you own to display to other members. This test is still in the early stages and very limited, but it will allow you to make your sig more dynamic and useful. Shoot us a PM to provide your feedback.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
Get some BMX pedals fo sho. Animals, Eastern, Fly Bikes, Odyssey, Primo all make some rad pedals. Sealed or unsealed is your call. Sealed bearings will last longer, but are more expensive. A lot of guys scratch up their pedals so quick that they prefer to get unsealed and buy pedals more often.

I've got a set of Drive Pro Sealed on the way. Never tried them b4, but they look the goods.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have some unsealed Primo Tenderizers. Bout to get some new ones so I'm going for a pair of Animal Hamiltons. I would like to get some Fly Ruebens but DAMN they're like a bill for a pair. I go thru pedals too quick to be paying that much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
pedals

i used azonic fusions and ive found them to be an excellent pedal for the money they were around 30 bucks i got them at gravity wharehouse in southwick :thumbsup:

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
animal hamiltons here, unsealed, never see mud on this bike so I'm not too worried, but might even pick up a sealed pair for my fs bike...

primo's are pretty damn heavy, as well as the easterns, but they will be super solid and hold up if you grind or bash a lot.
Odyssey JC's are another solid bet.

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
I'm running Odyssey JC's and love them. I don't have a single complain about the pedals. I would do it again if they ever wore out :lol:

·
destructionismyobjective
371 Posts
I run kona jackshits, about $30. I think theyre sweet. They have pretty large platform to em wich could be viewed as good or bad, to me good, more surface to land on when doing tricks.

·
Cheney for Sith Lord '08
179 Posts
Good mention on the Easterns.I'm the only person I know rockin those things,not sure why except for maybe not being as well known or available.They have got some serious grip,though.Concave face,came with a ton of replacement pegs,8 different colors (I think),and only cost me like $24.Slightly heavy though unless ya get the Magnesium ones.

·
go huck yourself
506 Posts
dmr v8s are unsealed and the v12s are sealed .the v12 mags are a magnisium
vertion of the v12s and you can get titanium axels for them but they cost loads
there all brilliant pedals and i would recomend to anyone

·
GRAVITY IS GOOD
333 Posts
BMX is the way to go. I have been using DK Ironcross Magnesium sealed for years now. At $45 a pair, they are strong, light, and outa sight. Try finding them at Dans Comp on the web. If you don't like the DK's, Dan's has got about 40 - 50 other pedals that you can choose from. IMO though, the DK's are the best for the price, and they have a ton of pins.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.