Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Pedals are good for all around DJ, DH, FR, and Urban? How are the Crank Bros 5050s and whats the difference between the xx's, Azonic Aframes?, Eastons? Specialized?
Any help will be much appreciated

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
XX's have sealed bearings. Replaceable plates and stuff.

I know the XX's are the ones with sealed bearings but i dunno any other differences.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
if you don't want to pay the extra cash....just go with the azonic a frames.

f0ggy said:
yea ive been thinkin alot about thoes, but 100 dollars sheesh, I can get xx's for like...75 bucks

Also the Shimano MX30 has good reviews any personal experience?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've got the A-frames on my hardtail and they are awesome pedals, loads of grip and feel good under foot (well my feet anyway).

On my DH rig I've got 5050xx's and they look and feel good but I did have to put DMR terror pins in the front and back and leave the supplied "nubs" in the middle to give good grip and give a more concaved feel.

If I was buying another pair, I'd go with the A-frames everytime!

Both pedals are loads better than the DMR V12's I was using before.

Also in this months dirt, there is a pic of a bike with 5050's and one of the plates missing, they don't mention anything about it but I'm thinking it might have been ripped off!!! Just something to think about!

Rob

·
Registered
116 Posts
mx_599 said:
i like syncros and atomlab, but i am being biased. the 5050 are way cool too, but they seem too pretty to muck up. to those who own them, do they stay nice looking?
It's not long before the colour starts to disappear and you can see the silver beneath but only on the edges and they still look good.

Oh, by the way I'm english so colour is spelt right!!!!!

Rob

·
Registered
116 Posts
mx_599 said:
cool on the 5050

but spelt is not, unless you were refering to the ancient grain
ah, well lets not forget who invented "english"!!!
The oxford english dictionary has this as the definition-

"SPELT" - past and past participle of SPELL

And you would be right, I have nothing better to do than go on to the Oxford dictionary site!!!

Rob

P.S. please don't pick up on any other spelling mistakes as I'm trying to watch the world cup final and checking the Oxford dictinary site may mean I miss the action!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
RobV said:
ah, well lets not forget who invented "english"!!!
The oxford english dictionary has this as the definition-

"SPELT" - past and past participle of SPELL

And you would be right, I have nothing better to do than go on to the Oxford dictionary site!!!

Rob

P.S. please don't pick up on any other spelling mistakes as I'm trying to watch the world cup final and checking the Oxford dictinary site may mean I miss the action!!:thumbsup:
you english!!! i stand corrected then:D

in america spelt is a hardy wheat and spelled is past tense

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
I have a set of Truvative Holzfellers that Iike for DJ and Atomlab Aircorps that I like better on the trails. Got a set of 5050's with the long pins in and they seem pretty grippy too. The reason that I like the Truvatives over the Atomlab's for DJ is that the Atomlabs are so grippy (with 5.10's on) that it's hard to release and reposition your feet easily.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Specialized Lo Pro Mags.

f0ggy said:
Which Pedals are good for all around DJ, DH, FR, and Urban? How are the Crank Bros 5050s and whats the difference between the xx's, Azonic Aframes?, Eastons? Specialized?
Any help will be much appreciated
I just got a set of the Specialized Lo Pro Mags and they are the best flats that I have owned yet. They are very light, comfortable, grippy, and are re-buildable. Not to mention, they look swell.

A couple riders at my LBS were really not impressed with the 50/50s and have put the Lo pros on all their rides. The rap on the 50s is that they do not grip that well and do not hold up to abuse over the long haul.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.