Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says looking for good mtb pedals for long distance. Mostly gravel roads no real single track. Thanks !

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
For me on all bikes only got hotspots with bad / worn out shoes since you state no singletrack, I am assuming superstiff shoes will be fine and you don't need to worry about hike a bike, just look for carbon soled shoes and dont worry too much about the pedals.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Good shoe fit and quality insoles are the key.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got good shoes, but I've never ridden this far in one shot. Trying to minimize damage to my feet. I've heard some cleats are worse than others.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I agree...stiff carbon soles and proper insoles are more important than the pedals...especially on just gravel roads. Pretty much any brand of mountain cleat is going to be a similar size and contact patch with the shoe (shimano, time, crank brothers, etc).

·
Your Best Friend
5,411 Posts
You say you have good shoes. Question: are you sure or were they just expensive so you think they're good? Great shoes have carbon soles. No exceptions. Pedals have zero to do with hotspots.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, shoes are fine, I haven't had problems yet, just don't want to. Not sure what will give me trouble after 330 miles straight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts