Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to Singlespeeding. I just bought my first bike and am waiting for its arrival. I have two sets of clipless pedals, and a set of cages and am wondering if just old fashioned platforms without any toe straps of any kind would be better? I have big feet and the cages don't fit too well and the clipless always seem to tie me up just at the wrong moments. What has been the experience of others on this subject?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've ridden them for years on my road bikes. I haven't had a mountain bike for about 7 years now and the last one I had was cages. It looks like I'll have to set them a little looser so that I can unclip easier..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Normally I would say clipless.

However right now I am running platforms. The advantage is that i can just hop on and go. Disavantage(s) is that I don't feel I have all the power I could have and sometimes the feet just don't end up where I want them on the pedals.

or just do what feels good to you..... you can always switch back and forth like i probably will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.