Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Village Dirtbag
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tallboy broke, I wanted a smoother ride like my old Blur, so SC is sending a Tallboy LT replacement.

Everyone says the double barrel is the bees knees for a smooth and controlled ride, but SC recommended the Float CTD

Ride is important, but so is efficiency on an LT bike. How will these compare? If generally leave pro pedal open on my old Tallboy and was happy with pedaling performance, but not small bump performance

Does the CS switch spoil the ride of the CCDB if I forget to turn it off?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
My Tallboy broke, I wanted a smoother ride like my old Blur, so SC is sending a Tallboy LT replacement.

Everyone says the double barrel is the bees knees for a smooth and controlled ride, but SC recommended the Float CTD

Ride is important, but so is efficiency on an LT bike. How will these compare? If generally leave pro pedal open on my old Tallboy and was happy with pedaling performance, but not small bump performance

Does the CS switch spoil the ride of the CCDB if I forget to turn it off?
Lots of info on this in the TB LTc owner thread, but in short, get the CCDBA-CS. I have one, and it's fantastic. I ride with it open most of the time, and the performance is so much better than the Float that it's hard to compare the two. With the CS engaged, it climbs as well as the Float, but actually maintains desirable suspension characteristics. My guess is that you'd leave it open most of the time, too, but if you needed the support, the CS is by far the best "lockout" option available, in that it improves pedaling performance without turning the suspension into unrideable garbage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts