Stem: KCNC Ti Pro 110g
Seat: Kult 135g
Seatpost: Woodman 240g

Total weight: 18.1 pounds

Attachments

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
With the long seatpost and the high stack of headset spacers it does look like you could have gone a size bigger on the frame.

It is certainly blingy in houndstooth carbon and gold, and pretty light.

The real question of course has to be: "how's it ride?"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rockyuphill said:
With the long seatpost and the high stack of headset spacers it does look like you could have gone a size bigger on the frame.

It is certainly blingy in houndstooth carbon and gold, and pretty light.

The real question of course has to be: "how's it ride?"
Yes, there is a lot of seatpost - but the top tube length is the limiting factor for me.. That's the reason I went with a beefier post.

I finished it after dark last night so I haven't ridden it yet... Hopefully tomorrow or Thursday when better weather is forecast...

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
Ok...why does it have two shifters when its got no front derailleur and a single chainring with a bash ring ?!

And I agree with the bigger frame comment. I thought the days of ordering the smaller size frame to save weight was long since past.

·
Registered
139 Posts
DeeEight said:
Ok...why does it have two shifters when its got no front derailleur and a single chainring with a bash ring ?!

Why does it have shifters at all when there are no cables or housing going to the rear Der?

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
Kinda puts that claimed weight in doubt too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"How much did the build cost? I'm digging the gold BTW."

I kept the cost under $2000 (just..). And thanks, not everyone does..!

"Ok...why does it have two shifters when its got no front derailleur and a single chainring with a bash ring ?!"

So I can quickly convert to 2X9 (a weight weenie crime..?)

"And I agree with the bigger frame comment. I thought the days of ordering the smaller size frame to save weight was long since past."

As I said, top tube length is more important to me - the 17" frame is 1.5" longer...

"Why does it have shifters at all when there are no cables or housing going to the rear Der?"

It does now - I was impatient and took a photo before it was finished - was waiting for one more delivery...

"Nice build, but that thing is hideous."

Err, thanks!

"Please rotate those bar ends into a useful position."

I'll get 'em dialed in as soon as I get it dirty!

"Kinda puts that claimed weight in doubt too."

Yeah? OK, I admit it - it's 26 pounds! ;-)

"Nice specs and im sorry but i have to say it.....that thing is FUGLY"

Err, thanks again, I think... Beauty as they say, is...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Don't worry about bad color-combo comments. I'm with you that gold on black carbon looks best (too lazy to find link to my build :) ) Black+ Red is getting way old.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dmcgoy said:
According to price point (http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/19...rames/Sette-Phantom-Carbon-Mountain-Frame.htm) the 17'' frame's top tube is only 1 inch long. Given how long your stem is, I also think the larger frame (with a shorter) stem would be a much better idea.
You get your data from a third party, I will get mine from the source!

http://pedalforce.com/online/produc...=4702&osCsid=ad54b6d9bc1d8f8d0b0289372d1a0fb9

Price Points info is wrong! 40mm = 1.6", and I don't think I want a 70mm stem... I rode the bike yesterday and it handles brilliantly - affirming my size choice and setup. I couldn't be happier with it!

I have done a LOT of research on bike fit, and the top tube length is THE most important dimension on a non-custom frame. Period. You can disagree if you like, but you won't convince me. I've been riding the wrong size frame for years - but not any more!

Thanks for the comments guys!
Fraser C. ;)

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
That's not quite the same frame, the PricePoint frame that is closer to the PF frame is this one, but it's not identical either. Considering how many frame manufacturers are on that Taiwan listing, it's no surprise there's a bunch that look almost the same.

Attachments

·
pedal pusher
2,712 Posts
Paint the fork lowers and angle the bar ends down so you don't poke out an eye. Other than that, it's a nice looking bike (I'm sure some blingy Saudi types would be drooling all over it).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts