Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
That wouldn't have happened if you were on any other brand of bike.

I did one of those once on a tree stump hammering through singletrack once. Then out of nowhere, the back of the bike ejected right up, slamming the saddle nose into my arschloch, and leaving me thinking I actually had an injury that would have required me to get checked out. Luckily, no injury more than bruising, and then the next day, the leg corresponding to the pedal that struck hurt like crazy.

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
Gnarly, maybe your buddy will remember to keep the pedals level next time. I don't see a whole lot of reason why that pedal should be at 6 O-clock for that section of trail. Can you say self correcting?

·
Sweep the leg!
3,804 Posts
2_Tires said:
..... a pedal strike, please NO, i need my pedals!! Hope they aren't striking long :D
I have a contract with my lazy pedals. As long as I don't stand on them too hard they won't go on strike. I have a contract with my handle bars too, I'm not allowed to go over them but I can hold them with my hands and not get a harassment suit filed.

·
Older & Faster...downhill
440 Posts
Caffeine Powered said:
I have a contract with my lazy pedals. As long as I don't stand on them too hard they won't go on strike. I have a contract with my handle bars too, I'm not allowed to go over them but I can hold them with my hands and not get a harassment suit filed.
OK, that was funny. I thought for sure nipples would pop up somewhere though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.