Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any ladies out there have had this problem....

My crank, pedal combination has my legs spaced out too wide. I cannot change my cranks, because any closer to the frame would not clear the chainstay. So, that leaves the pedals. I currently use the Time Atacs XS Carbon.

I am looking for the pedal with the shortest spindle length....any ideas??!

Thanks!

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
Knuckle Sandwich said:
I was wondering if any ladies out there have had this problem....

My crank, pedal combination has my legs spaced out too wide. I cannot change my cranks, because any closer to the frame would not clear the chainstay. So, that leaves the pedals. I currently use the Time Atacs XS Carbon.

I am looking for the pedal with the shortest spindle length....any ideas??!

Thanks!
crank bros has a shorter spindle for their egg beaters. unfortunately i think you have to buy it separately but i bet if you gave them a call they might be able to switch it out if you buy the pedals. however, that said i'm not sure if it is shorter than what you are currently riding.

i have the same problem with my Q factor but have never gotten the shorter spindle for my egg beaters mostly because i'm too cheap & lazy. :rolleyes: :D

rt

·
SS Grrrrrrrl
464 Posts
*rt* said:
crank bros has a shorter spindle for their egg beaters. unfortunately i think you have to buy it separately but i bet if you gave them a call they might be able to switch it out if you buy the pedals. however, that said i'm not sure if it is shorter than what you are currently riding.

i have the same problem with my Q factor but have never gotten the shorter spindle for my egg beaters mostly because i'm too cheap & lazy. :rolleyes: :D

rt
Ti Spindles: $100 direct from Crank Brothers as an upgrade to an existing pedal set (I had the same Q-factor problem described above). If I recall correctly, they are approximately 4mm shorter than the standard Egg Beater spindles. Perhaps RT is on to something though... if you order the pedals directly from them, they might swap the spindles for less money. I've dealt with them a couple times and they always seem eager to please.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!

Thanks for the info ladies....

I called Crank Brothers, and sure enough for $100 dollars you can save yourself 4mm! Only would a cyclist understand the worth of 4mm... I guess I am switching to Egg Beaters!

BTW.....
RT, they are on backorder for three weeks....so that gives you time to save some $$ : )

·
SS Grrrrrrrl
464 Posts
Knuckle Sandwich said:
Thanks for the info ladies....

I called Crank Brothers, and sure enough for $100 dollars you can save yourself 4mm! Only would a cyclist understand the worth of 4mm... I guess I am switching to Egg Beaters!

BTW.....
RT, they are on backorder for three weeks....so that gives you time to save some $$ : )
Trust me, 4mm will make a huge difference (although don't tell that to your signifigant other, it might be taken out of context). ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.