Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I would like to ask how would you know when the cleat need to be replace?
Recently I'm having a hard time getting off from my clipless m520. I have to twist my foot very violently and wide to get it loose, before a small twist was all it takes.
Is it time to replace the cleat? the pedal?
Thank you very much for all of your help
Keith

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would try checking the tension screws. Loosen them up and find where you like it. Try spraying or dripping some lube into all of the moving parts. Check for rust or corrosion.

Yes, your cleats may be worn out aswell. Do they look worn?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think my cleats look worn, i checked the size n shape n they seem fine. the degree of movement after clipped in is very large, i think is about 2x than what it used to be... will tightening the tension screw help since my setting is in the weakest setting now.
Thank you very much for ur help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't think tightening the tension screw will help. It sure sounds like you've got worn out cleats, even if they don't look that bad. It would be cheaper to try new cleats than to make a trip to the ER because you couldn't clip out in a technical section.

Smokey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.