Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to ride the entire boundary trail from Pebble creek ski are to Big springs campground? Forest Service shows it as mountain bike access but I was wondering if anyone has attempted this? I know some of it is really rocky but I wasn't sure if it could be a day ride or not.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yes you can ride it. There are some hike a bikes if you stay on the front side of the range going from the ski area towards McCammon. The easiest and shortest route to Big Springs from the ski area is to go north over Inkom Pass/Jackson Creek. It is a tough climb but then all descending into Big Springs Campground. You can do the whole loop in a day so you should have no issues doing a point to point. Most of the really rocky sections that are hardly rideable are between ski area going south to Lava Hot Springs. The ones to McCammon are relatively short hikes but the climb out of Harkness Canyon to Descend into Bob Smith is a solid 20 minute hike that is very rocky. The descent is worth it though IMO. Not a lot of people ride it but it is fun. There are also trails inbetween like robbers Roost or Bob Smith to Girls Scout Camp/Big Springs. Post back when you go ride it and let me know what you think. I think it will be a month or so before you can get to Big Springs, as the backside generally holds snow for a bit.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Right on. Its a tough trail! The frontside between the ski area and McCammon looks like it is getting close to drying out from looking across the valley at it. I heard that Walker Creek is rideable, which is a good indicator. Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.