Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there were any guys out here that know Pearson from New Zealand. I believe the guy's name was Paul Pearson, and he build elevated chainstay frames out of pretty huge square/rectancular aluminium tubing. We had one in service at one time a year or 2 back at our LBS, but never got more info about them than that there were not more than say 30 pieces sold over here (Europe).

Perhaps some one has some pictures or more info??

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! I must have overlooked that one during my googling...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if there were any guys out here that know Pearson from New Zealand. I believe the guy's name was Paul Pearson, and he build elevated chainstay frames out of pretty huge square/rectancular aluminium tubing. We had one in service at one time a year or 2 back at our LBS, but never got more info about them than that there were not more than say 30 pieces sold over here (Europe).

Perhaps some one has some pictures or more info??
Hi Jeroen

I'm dredging your post about Pearson bikes up out of the distant past - with a hope that you made contact with Paul. I used to live with him in Queenstown, New Zealand and I'm trying to track him down.

The Pearson Innovations site mentioned above is offline, so I'm wondering what happened to him!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh this is something i can contribute to. Never met the guy but I used to own one, well two really after the first one cracked. Understand not heat treated aluminum.
1" headtube, rear U brake, e-stay with rear facing horizontal dropouts.

What would you like to know? No pics sorry

·
Suddenly feeling my age..
165 Posts
Gravedig:

I just picked up one of these & it's in really good condition. It'll definitely need a resto but that'll come in due course:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.