Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got back from the Badger shop last night (with my new Badger). The pictures can not do this paint justice...it looks black in the woods, but turns green in the sun (opalescent). Forgive my terminology (it is probably all wrong), but the color change effect is really cool in person.

The real poop is in the ride! This thing performs very well (in spite of it's rider). It is hard to show how it rides, so here are some pictures of the finish.

There are some more pics here for those interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words jmw, tvrbob86, jncarpenter, mtbjedi1, and mward. I had very high expectations and so far, this build has exceeded them. I usually take a while to get used to a new bike, but this bike felt "right" almost immediately.

Chris V. said:
How do you like that saddle? Is that the B-17 Special? I am looking at buying one of those saddles with in the next month or two.
Chris, This saddle is the swift. Previously I was riding the B-17 special (green with copper rivets). I like this saddle, but it seems apparent that the break in time will be longer with this one than with my B-17. The leather seems thicker and harder (probably has a lot to do with the narrower saddle putting a tighter arch in the leather).

·
Registered
164 Posts
unit said:
Thanks for the kind words jmw, tvrbob86, jncarpenter, mtbjedi1, and mward. I had very high expectations and so far, this build has exceeded them. I usually take a while to get used to a new bike, but this bike felt "right" almost immediately.

Chris, This saddle is the swift. Previously I was riding the B-17 special (green with copper rivets). I like this saddle, but it seems apparent that the break in time will be longer with this one than with my B-17. The leather seems thicker and harder (probably has a lot to do with the narrower saddle putting a tighter arch in the leather).
Thanks for the reply. A couple of questions if I may. How did you like the B-17 special? And was it really as comfortable as all the reviews here on MTBR say? Did you do anything special for break in, like neat feets oil or profide?

BTW, that color on your Badger is really cool! I am hoping to get a Badger Dororty in a few years!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tough call...

Chris V. said:
How did you like the B-17 special? And was it really as comfortable as all the reviews here on MTBR say?
I am not touching that second part...some outlandish claims get made from time to time...I like Brooks Saddles, but your butt is almost certainly different than mine...you are just going to have to try for yourself. But to answer the first part...I love it, I will probably be using it for many abusive years to come (on the bike I bought it for).

Chris V. said:
Did you do anything special for break in, like neat feets oil or profide?
I use Proofide after the saddle is allowed to dry (yes, it gets wet...often). I have saddle covers for when it rains, but it always gets wet when I cross streams. These saddles come with care/break in instructions...I try to follow them, but I am not going to duck and run every time I see water. My saddles don't seem to mind.

Chris V. said:
BTW, that color on your Badger is really cool! I am hoping to get a Badger Dororty in a few years!!!
Thanks, it took a while to decide on a color...it turned out nicely. I have heard great things about the Dorothy! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, what is with skipp'n town like that?

Ken,

I didn't get a chance to see the painted frame in person, from the pics it looks great. I'm glad you were able to take it out for a good shakedown ride at Perry.

Enjoy!

-Josh
I think it looks better in person than in these pictures. We missed you on the ride, and Perry was much better this time around.

It would be nice to get together some other time for a ride.

Oh, and you better believe I am enjoying this thing...it rails! It looks great, but the performance is the REAL beauty!

·
Registered
199 Posts
What a nice looking bike.

It should give many years of great riding. Rob's bikes handle sooooo fine!:thumbsup:

Mine felt like an old comfortable pair of slippers in about 10' of single track and remains that way.

Enjoy,

Wayne

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.