Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out for a pretty good ride yesterday. It was dreary and overcast down here in Lyons when I took off around 11:30. I drove above it and found beautiful blue skies off the Peak to Peak at Peacefull Valley.

Took Sourdough south all the way to Brainard Lake Rd. I came across a few drifts climbing out of the S St Vrain drainage but they were very close to Brainard Lake Rd. They will be 100% rideable in another day or two. From Brainard Lake Rd, I hit the road to climb up to Left Hand Reservoir and Little Raven. I figured that if Little Raven was snowy at least the view is good from the res. The road is still closed as there are a few HUGE drifts on it but they are passable by bike. I got to the top to find tons of snow. I couldn't even get up to the reservoir without punching thru 4 foot drifts (so I didn't). Little Raven was a snowy sloppy mess, so I headed back to Peacefull Valley on Sourdough mostly. I added on the Baptiste/Wapiti loop. Trail conditions on the loop were fine, but there was a lot of blowdown on the fun descent :(. We'll get that cleaned up soon enough, though.

It was a great ride. Reports are also of drifts towards the top of SSV, but will be passable very shortly. I wouldn't bother with Little Raven for another couple of weeks, though.

1 - Left Hand Reservoir
2 - Little Raven (the part without snow)
3 - The backside of Wapiti is looking green.
4,5 - everything else on the lower north side is bone dry.

Coney Creek Rd is still closed. It's going to be a while yet before Coney Creek, Middle St Vrain, and Buchannan Pass are good.

Attachments

·
friend of Apex
4,007 Posts
Noice, thanks for the report! -Wednesday is my weekend-

I'll drop by manana on the way to SSV to pick up the SS.....???

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Nice ride. I was hoping to see something a bit... grander... but nice none the less.

The wife's new bike looks great. She can't wait to get out on it.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
daveM said:
Still totally sucks...Hall rocks....:p
:D , I've actually had more positive experiences at Halls this year than negative :eekster: ! I'd still rather rock the SD though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.