Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can take one to two people in my truck. I need to leave a little room for gear in the cab though. I can take up to six bikes however. If someone is driving a car or van then we might be able to exchange people for bikes.

I will be leaving from SW PDX. I could pick-up near Gabriel Park or the Terwilliger Fred Meyer right off I-5.

·
Singletrack Addict
1,167 Posts
hydrogeek said:
I can take one to two people in my truck. I need to leave a little room for gear in the cab though. I can take up to six bikes however. If someone is driving a car or van then we might be able to exchange people for bikes.

I will be leaving from SW PDX. I could pick-up near Gabriel Park or the Terwilliger Fred Meyer right off I-5.
Read my mind.

I will be leaving NE PDX and driving a 7-passenger van. I can accommodate 4 people and bikes and gear easily. I also have a little trailer and would be able to take 7 people and bikes and gear.
I don't want to drive solo. I would rather have passengers and share gas or catch a ride.

·
Est. 1971
300 Posts
Coordinating car pool

Hydrogeek:

I talked with Snake Muesl about meeting up at the Freddy's at Terwilliger. Sounded like a goodmeet place. What time would you guys want to be there?

-Tim

·
Respect Your Trails
329 Posts
I'd like to get in on that....or at the very least maybe get Barbie a spot on the trailer and catch a ride with someone else. More than willing to toss in gas cash. I'm coming from Gresham so we're close. I'll PM you my contact.

Snake Muesl said:
Read my mind.

I will be leaving NE PDX and driving a 7-passenger van. I can accommodate 4 people and bikes and gear easily. I also have a little trailer and would be able to take 7 people and bikes and gear.
I don't want to drive solo. I would rather have passengers and share gas or catch a ride.

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meeting time

Tim and Snake,

I was thinking of meeting at 7am. It usually takes me 2 hrs to get to Eugene and I understand that it takes another 1/2 hr after that. By the time we meet, exchange bikes between cars, etc., I suspect that will put us at the meetup spot at about a 1/4 till 10 or so.

For clarification, if anyone wants to donate gas, I only accept the liquid type made from dinosaurs. Maybe Snake with the Astromobile can use the heat. :D

Snake, regarding the trailer, I can take up to six bikes in/on my truck, so you may not need to hastle with it.

·
Respect Your Trails
329 Posts
Bring the trailer for Tim and Tim alone.... just drive fast and keep him down wind from the rest of us.

Hey man, glad to hear your coming down. Look forward to catching up with ya.

tim_fsr said:
I'll have a heaping portion of beans Friday night for dinner...I'll be able to contribute to heat AND gas........:lol:

·
Expert Pushing SSer
1,503 Posts
hydrogeek said:

·
Expert Pushing SSer
1,503 Posts
Snake Muesl said:
Read my mind.

I would like to get in a carpool. Alas, I live in Salem (3 min. off I-5) and need to be dropped off in Albany on the way back from ACM. If this seems doable, PM me for logistics. I will throw in for cash, body heat (I am about 10,000 BTU), and love to swap lies. If this is too complicated, I will drive down separate, but if anyone wants ride with me to here me mumble, we could carpool one way. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

·
Est. 1971
300 Posts
No beans, I promise

7:00 sounds OK to me. Do you mind if we eat in the van? For early morning road trips it's easier for me sleep as late as possible and eat on the road. I promise not to make a mess.

·
Singletrack Addict
1,167 Posts
How are we surviving the snow?

tim_fsr said:
7:00 sounds OK to me. Do you mind if we eat in the van? For early morning road trips it's easier for me sleep as late as possible and eat on the road. I promise not to make a mess.
This van is used everyday by my wife to transport our three kids. I hope you won't mind the mess.:eek: Help yourself to any bits of food scattered about.

I will be at the Terwilliger Fred Meyer parking lot just before 7AM.
2 days to go, let's get this thing firmed up.

Charlie

·
Est. 1971
300 Posts
Snake Muesl said:
This van is used everyday by my wife to transport our three kids. I hope you won't mind the mess.:eek: Help yourself to any bits of food scattered about.

I will be at the Terwilliger Fred Meyer parking lot just before 7AM.
2 days to go, let's get this thing firmed up.

Charlie
I'm in definately. Beans are out definately. I drive past Terwilliger all the time to/from PDX but I'm not familiar with the Fredy's there (may have seen it from I-5). Is it right off the exit or a ways down the Blvd?

-Tim

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,731 Posts
Snake Muesl said:
... let's get this thing firmed up.

Charlie
Charlie,

If you have any doubts about arriving at the Lorane Country Cafe by 10am, I can email directions to the gravel pile to you. PM me if you want 'em; include your email address.

I hate to think you guys might get to the Lorane Country Cafe 20 minutes late (for whatever reason) only to find the place deserted... with no idea how to find the gravel pile/trailhead...

Then again, I wonder if you've been to the gravel pile before. Have ya, and if so could you find it again?

--Sparty

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Freddy's..

Tim and Snake,

If you get off I-5 at Terwilliger, Freddy's will be on your left. Stay in the left lane of the off-ramp and take a left onto Barbour Blvd. Freddy's will be on your right.

Take the first driveway entrance into the parking lot. I will be there in a Silver Nissan Pick-up.

Anyone else coming from PDX?

If no one else is, you guys don't have to stop. Just keep rolling and I can pick-up anyone else that shows at Freddy's and meet you guys down there. I think I have one tenative person at this point.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.