Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently got these for about 20 bucks at a local LBS on sale.

i've traditionally run PD-M770 XT style pedals in the past, but these cost a fraction, look the same, and are adjustable. i figured i don't care about weight, so what can go wrong?

anyone know any real differences between the cheapo shimanos and the higher end models? it looks like the bearings aren't sealed on the 520s, but the clips and adjustment screw mechanism look the same.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very under-appreciated pedal. I've tried Ritchey Pro V4 and Eggbeaters of varying models and keep coming back to my 520's 'cause the others kept breaking and needed frequent bearing servicing. Thousands of miles and hundreds of solid hits on rocks with nary a complaint. In this case you don't get what you paid for...you get more!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I own them. I've been using them for the last 4 or 5 years, and may be 6000 miles. They have never failed whastoever.
They have just begun to have a little play on the axle (which is normal to expect after that amount of use). They are serviceable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.