Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you have heard that Mark Weir's house burned down. He and his family escaped unhurt, but he lost everything else. He is being positive (Weir style) but this is a trying time.

Weir is a good man. A gentleman warrior. Let's give him a hand.

Go to Paypal and send your donation to [email protected]. Send as much or as little as you like. Everything helps.

Weir has done a lot for many people in the bike world. Let's return the favor.

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Sorry to hear that. When I saw the title I was cringing at the prospect of a seriously debilitating injury so was "relieved" to read it was just his house and that everyone escaped unhurt. As painful and traumatizing as it must be to lose all your possesions, in the end, it is just stuff.

I also recognize the need to help out in a situation like this. I got a chance to ride with Mark a couple of years ago when he came out to our local event and he is a super nice guy and freakishly strong and skilled rider. His attendance at our race gave it enough regional credibility to merit a write-up in "Descent" magazine and directly contributed to our attendance practically doubling the following year.

Help is on the way the Mark. Thanks for your support and all you do for the sport. Wishing you all the best and hope you are able to get back to some amount of normalcy soon.

·
Registered
220 Posts
KRob said:
Sorry to hear that. When I saw the title I was cringing at the prospect of a seriously debilitating injury so was "relieved" to read it was just his house and that everyone escaped unhurt.
Same here.

Lee, nice of you to step up and offer a hand. Too much negativity on the internets these days. Good to see someone put it to good use. Best wishes to you and the new rulers of your roost this year (the twins of course)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.