Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be picking up a bike in the next couple weeks on a budget of $700-800. I'll be riding a wide variety of terrain from Camp Pendleton trails with friends and coworkers to easy trails and roads with my wife (who will also need a bike). Also have some psycho friends that I'll be going out with :eek:

I dont want to spend much more than this (for 1 bike, not both) initially so I'm trying to find a solid frame/fork that I can upgrade the components of over time. I know it really isnt cost effective over the long term but this is what I have to work with.

Some of the candidates I had been looking at were the Haro R1 and Diamondbacks Recoil (there were many others as well but I'm on sensory overload right now).

This brings up another question. I'm assuming a "free ride" is what I should be looking at but there are so many different versions I'm not exactly sure which is best suited to what I'll be doing. Appreciate any info you guys/gals have while I continue to digest material on the site :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
i got DB Topanga FS which has the same frame as recoil. My components are worse then the once found on the recoil but i love it. Rear shock sux but i'm looking for a new one. Bit heavy, 35lb but i dont mind since my last bike was ~47lb .
Maybe try to find DB Sortie on sale, they are better

1 - 2 of 2 Posts