Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Patching bunny boots

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Valhalla 
#1 ·
I was on a long ride yesterday and my right foot was really cold, felt like it was freezing up. Anyways, I looked when I got home and there is a small hole in the side of my bunny boot. There must be some moisture in there that is freezing up.

So, I have two questions:

1. How do I dry out the lining? Just leave it in front of the heater for a few days?

2. How should I patch it? I was thinking about just using a bicycle patch kit if it would work.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

#2 ·
That is the big prob with bunny boots, if moisture gets into the air reservoir they will not keep you warm. I had to toss out a pair because I could never find the hole. In my case the air valve was open and moisture got in and I could never get the right one dry again. Be careful in front of the heater, but aqua seal should work fine or a combo of aqua seal and those adhesive tire patches. just wait as long as you can before patching - can you blow some air into the hole?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.