Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody familiar with a poker run? Basically it's where you pedal to different points and draw a card and the person at the end wins a prize. I'm not sure of the logistics but I'm curious to find out if there would be an interest in something of this nature.

It doesn't have to be Potapsco; it could be anywhere. Let me know what you guys and gals think!

-Rob

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure when, or how. I need to see how much interest is generated in this first.

The difference between a hash run and a poker run is prizes. In a hash run, correct me if I'm wrong, the hare takes off and marks (sometimes incorrectly) his/her trail. Everybody else takes off after the hare, usually the fastest runner. And yes, the required beer stops in between.

The poker run consists of trying to draw the best hand with a deck of cards with prizes given at the end. Perhaps we could get a bike shop to donate some pedals, headset, helmet, just small stuff.

I've got lots of good ideas but just need an interest first. And, I'm not that familiar with Patapsco, but I do have a map...

So, first item on the agenda is generate interest. Tell your friends and we'll get it going!

-Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.