Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a great New Year's Day ride. The day started out in the upper 20s deg F but we quickly warmed up once we hit a few of the climbs. Trail conditions were great. Hard packed and the muddy spots were pretty much frozen except for some areas near the stream crossings. My front derailleur had frozen after one of the crossings so it was granny gear for me for the rest of the ride (felt like a gerbil spinning on a wheel when I had to ride on Landing Rd going home).

It was nice meeting those of you who I have not met before. Here's wishing all of you a great New Year and looking forward to many more rides this year.

·
Sweeper
1,025 Posts
Great ride today! I forgot to reset my computer but it looks like about 16 miles. Hopefully next time my rear derailleur will be adjusted correctly and stay in a gear when climbing. How annoying!

Good to meet you Eujinc!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
HAHAHAHA No thats the Napolean Salute!!! HAHAHAHAHA I think half the problem today was also the ice on the deraileur...my front one wouldn't drop down 3 times...sure was a good ride today...thanks for showing how to drop off the BIG step down Nate by the creek before heading across it...(at the bathroom parking lot bottom of Soapstone)...saw you do it and Sanders yelled out to me to "go for it, Ed" so I just had to...was very happy with myself, always thought of doing that just never figured I could, but piece of cake, going to have to do it everytime now...Speaking of Nate...did you guys see him climb up over that log near the top of the Cascade blue trail which is ALWAYS used as a jump going down, well damn he went up it so easy, awesome looking skills Nate....

Going down the New Nuns DH was very cool...loved the jump at the 2 logs with the rock in the middle...really got some distance on that....and Nate I hope your buddy's (sorry bad with names) calf is getting better, I've had that happen once before and damn it felt bruised for days....hope it's going to be okay...

Crackerass, man I hope your bike is cool..come join us for some good times on Saturday...how about we all meet up say 10am at the hwy 32 /Intersatate70 park & ride...Smitty, YA GOTTA GO YOUNG MAN!!!!! Jason bring your Jekly for some crazy DHing...:)

Great way to kick off the New Year today, thanks all!!!

Ed

·
Bicycle rider
1,055 Posts
Glad you all had a great time. Wish I could have made it. My Electric finally came on around 3:45 this afternoon. 29 hours w/o power sucked!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Geez instead of sitting at home in the cold you should have come out riding...probably would have been warmer :)...glad it finally came back, so what was the prob? downed trees? miss payment on your bill? hahahaha, sorry had to say it before someone else got to...:)
You going up to Gambrills on Sat?

Mayor ride in the early AM, then going for a ride up to Gambrills to scout out the DH stuff, the wifes going with me, we'll do some hiking...

Ed

·
I heard you swear...
117 Posts
Today was sweet! Had an excellent time as always, beautiful weather and cool people, doesn't get much better than that. Nate, you were killing it on that bike! quite a pleasure to watch you tear up some hills on that thing. Cool meeting all that I haven't met before, good bunch of guys in the area here.

Thanks for the lunch Ed! you tore up that drop, we'll get you on some bigger stuff at wisp for SURE.

-sander

·
Bicycle rider
1,055 Posts
cableguy46 said:
Geez instead of sitting at home in the cold you should have come out riding...probably would have been warmer :)...glad it finally came back, so what was the prob? downed trees? miss payment on your bill? hahahaha, sorry had to say it before someone else got to...:)
You going up to Gambrills on Sat?

Mayor ride in the early AM, then going for a ride up to Gambrills to scout out the DH stuff, the wifes going with me, we'll do some hiking...

Ed
Downed trees from all the wind we had on Wednessday morning!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Oh my gosh downed trees...always seems to be that, someday it will all be buried...there were a couple new downed trees on the trails too...
Roll Call, who's in tomorrow? 10am P and R c-ya all there...headin out right now to go scout the trails.
Ed

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Ed here...I'm DHing, went up there with the wife and found the locations on both sides of hamburg for the start and finish of a couple DH runs, the end of the one from the Comcast tower I took a picture of, way steep!!!!...I'll post up the pictures in a few minutes... Jason you should do some of this to practice...:)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Well the Rig didn't sell for the third try, so it now gets stripped...those AWESOME brakes are going on the perp Sunday along with the Thompson Masterpiece Stem/seat...and the bars, stem, headset, pedals and I-9 rims are going on my Jet which now will have to take probably another 3 weeks to get...as for the frame, who knows what to do with that, I'll see.

·
Bicycle rider
1,055 Posts
I will attend with my cousin in tow. Will probably not DH but instead XC. Maybe do one DH and then break off and XC. Will either ride Shed or Gambrill side… not sure yet. Anyone else want to XC with us?

Who else is going besides Sanders and Ed?

On another note I did a quick Patapsco ride today. Trails are in good condition. It appears someone has been digging out rocks on our trails:nono: If you are doing this and reading this post PLEASE STOP. WE LIKE ROCKS:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Oh my God someone is "SMOOTHING" out our trials!!! Go ride the Apshalt fool, we ride Mountian Bikes to ride trails "naturally"...we are actually the 15% that use our bikes for what there built for...

Jason, "maybes" could be Smitty and Crackerass...
10am at the P&R hwy 32 and 70

·
Sweeper
1,025 Posts
You lucky guys!

I have great news! I only have to work until 1130 am!! But you guys will be gone by then! :(

I will be riding Patapsco all afternoon if anyone is interested. The trails are in great shape! Cant wait to get out. Low to mid 40's means the Derailluers may not be froozen so often tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.