Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered. Where the shock connects to the carbon frame, should this be grease, carbon paste, both, or neither?

Torque spec for said bolt?

Tia,
J Bicycle accessory Fender Carbon Bicycle part Lock

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Neither... get NEW ONES when they wear out (they will start to creak badly as you found out). The resin bushings are meant to run DRY and are considered a wear item. Grease just attracts dirt and wears them out faster. Carbon paste covered by Purple - don't EVER use on rotating parts unless you really want to wear them out fast! Make sure you torque the shock bolts to spec so that bushing does not rotate on the carbon frame! Shock rotates on the bushing.

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brand new bike. Very low miles. It was actually coming from the other side of the shock. The "yoke" I believe is the real term. But squeak resolved, and I'm happy. Thanks everyone.

I did grease the bushings. Hope it doesnt wear them too much faster, I did wipe off any and all excess that squeezed out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.