Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted to mtbr before, but seeing all of the great pics and stories about mountain-biking inspired me write about a company my wife and I have travelled with that some of you may like. A few of you probably share the same misfortune that I do in that my wife also loves to mountain-bike and we have a kid who's just now starting school. That means that over the last few years, it has taken extra effort to get a ride in because we both want to go. Add in a desire to travel and bike somewhere new (i.e., a place where we don't have our treasured list of babysitters) and it becomes virtually impossible. I don't want to get too long-winded, so the punchline is that the last two years, we've taken trips with Sacred Rides (www.sacredrides.com), a Toronto-based company that started out in Fernie as Fernie Fat Tire. The two trips -- one to Peru and the other to Slovenia/Croatia -- have been amazing! It was an incredible way to see a new country and a new culture and still be exploring uncompromisingly good single-track trails. On top of it all, Mike Brcic (company owner) has kept a focus not only on sustainable tourism but on supporting the local biking communities wherever he does a trip. This is not about "leaving-no-trace", it's about leaving things even better than you find them (including yourself). By the way, we took the kid -- along with a nanny to watch her while we rode -- and everyone had a great time.

I'd include some pictures, but I don't know how to make the jpeg file size smaller in order to upload.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.