Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
Get on up

LCD Soundsystem- talk about getting fired up, hold on.

Fela Kuti- Insistent, chugging, mesmerizing, Afrofunk marathons

M.I.A.- Sorta hip hop chick but not really. Good stuff.

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
brado1 said:
i'm bored with the music i'm listening to....looking for something new ... whats on your playlist? i wanna a taste of something new, and i've no idea what i'm looking for...something good, any genre will do....thanks in advance
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult's "Dirty Little Secrets: Music to Strip By"

·
Registered
203 Posts
Depends on Taste...

Here are just a few Ideas...

New Stuff:

The Crystal Method: Sounds like house music but is much more intense. Really good.

Stabbing Westward: Very Rockin.

An album called "Arabesque", varying artists with some sweet instrumentals.

Moby: Mission Impossible Theme Remix. If its not too dorky for you, it rocks.

Old Stuff:
The Spinners: Rubberband Man. Man I just love this song.

The Allman Bros: "In memory of Elisabeth Reed" from Live at Fillmore East. You will get lost in this jam.

I may contribute some more later.

·
Something's tingling
154 Posts
brado1 said:
i'm bored with the music i'm listening to....looking for something new ... whats on your playlist? i wanna a taste of something new, and i've no idea what i'm looking for...something good, any genre will do....thanks in advance
Depends... What do you listen to now?

Lately, I've been on a guitar band/ metal kick, so among the things I'm listening to on my player:
Tool, A Perfect Circle, System of a Down, Korn, and Seether for getting ready and driving to the ride. Then a little 30 Seconds to Mars, Raconteurs, Blue October, Audioslave, and Him for the drive back (sometimes I drive pretty far).

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Yanni

Nothing more, nothing less :D

Ok, on a serious note, I usually listen these bands on the way to the trailhead:

The Offspring
Taking Back Sunday
Velvet Revolver
Guns 'n Roses
And one of my personal favorites before I ride:
Sex Type Thing by Stone Temple Pilots, cause thats how I feel about the trail. I just wanna ride it!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
<--------- Pearl Jam (grievance, porch, rvm, tremor christ, not for you, given to fly, immortality, in my tree, present tense, brain of j, faithfull, RITFW, etc....)

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
brado1 said:
Mad Caddies, Gym Class Heros, Catch 22, Streetlight Manifesto, Whole Wheat Bread, Rise Against, Less Than Jake, Dropkick Murphys

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
A little reggae: Easy Star All Stars "Dub Side of the Moon" (thanks again FP!)

Also very slowly getting digital version of all my LPs so latley I've been on an old Rush kick.

Someday I'll actually start paying attention to the artist names on the local alternative station I listen too.

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Curious said:
Depends... What do you listen to now?
Here is about a 20,000ft level view of my music library (only about 1/8 listed)

Foo Fighters, Tool, NiN, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Perfect Circle, Incubus, Phish, Led Zeppelin, James Brown, Dead, Staind, Jimi, Bowie, Doors, Stones, Filter, Linkin Park, Floyd, Korn, Janes Addiction, cake, King Crimson, 311, Green Day, Clash, rjd2, old Aerosmith, Alice in Chains, Alex De Grassi, Alexi Murdoch, Nirvana, Black Flag, Soundgarden, Curtis Mayfield, Vince Guaraldi Trio, Beasties, Beck, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Taj Mahal, Coltrane, Mingus, Thelonious Monk, Butthole Surfers, Cold Play, Radiohead, Cult, Cure, DMB, Blues Trav, Crows, Deftones, old Genesis, Herbaliser, Jeff Buckley, John Butler Trio, Johnny Cash, Live, Maceo & The Macks, Massive Attack, Mos Def, NWA, Nick Drake, Pearl Jam, Queens Of The Stone Age, old REM, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sevendust, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, STP, Sublime, System of a Down, Temple Of The Dog, Tonic,old U2, Velvet Revolver, Violent Femmes, Weezer, the Who, Wyclef Jean, old Yes

Singletrack Pig said:
LCD Soundsystem- talk about getting fired up, hold on.

Fela Kuti- Insistent, chugging, mesmerizing, Afrofunk marathons

M.I.A.- Sorta hip hop chick but not really. Good stuff.
that's funny i have several tracks from LCD Soundsystem i barrowed a cd mix from a friend in Savannah and when i put it in iTunes it came in as Track 1, Track 2..... had no idea who they were, until i saw your post, and did a sound search... very cool

Fela Kuti i also have... for the last two years been on a James Brown 70's Funk kick.. can't get enough.

·
Slave to the grind
519 Posts
want something new? go old school.

check out the new best of van halen double disc. Good stuff worth re-visiting.

I hear myself singing "dreams" during particularly long climbs.

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,159 Posts
Hmm...
as I told my boss today, I usually listen to punk and jazz while i'm working. He had a sattelite station on with Joni Mitchel and I almost lost it, then there was some Eagles crap, ugh.

A few of my regulars:
The Faction (old punk)
Fruit Bats (indie)
Slobberbone (alt ****ry)
Drams (alt ****ry)
!!! (indie mathy funky)
AC/DC (smooth jazz)
Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra (funky jazzy)
Sabbath (blue jeans and long hair)
Califone (indie jazzy ****ry)
Dead Milkmen (comedy punk)
Drivin' n' Cryin (southern rock)
Grease OST (vanilla coke pop)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.