Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent posted on here for a while so i thought i would share i little story of regaining my passion for mtbing.
Over a year ago i suffered an injury which put me out of riding and before too long had forgotten about my bike.
Anyway with a change of job and now being a desk dweller i started to put on a bit of weight, so started to look at the bike again and about a month ago went for a ride to get use to it again and get my cardio up there.
It was all going to plan, going out every second night for a ride and getting stronger, so today being xmas eve i went for a ride on an old singletrack i use to ride a few years back and even though it was a bit over grown i had and excellent ride and all my skills just came right back, its true what they say, its just like riding a bike ,you never forget.
I came off only once and left some blood on a tree that jumped out in front of me, but its all good and i finished with a huge grin on my dial.
Now i cant wait to get back to all my old tracks i use to ride and start enjoying the sport and getting fit at the same time.
I have a few ride pics from my phone, sorry for the poor quality

Cheers and merry xmas to all

Kiwi

Attachments

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I have that exact same GT frame, same color and all in my garage right now. I've never seen the exact same one with the solid seat post mast. Nice :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been through the same thing Bro. I started mtn biking about 18 yrs ago and just always had the"passion" to ride every chance I got. But now, after turning 40 a few months back and after a few surgeries, I still wanted to go riding but always came up with an reason why I couldn't and just didn't go. So, for the past few months, I've been getting on here reading the forums, reading Bike Mag, looking at the pictures and realizing why I love to ride. It's getting back to the way it used to be, I can't wait to get out and ride!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Keep going...

That's a very good decision to start a new year...keep a well balance mind and body.

I have a sister in Hamilton and I'm going to visit her next year for a week. She told me that Roturoa is about 2 hours away from her place, What can you say about the biking in
Hamilton and Roturoa?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
akazan said:
That's a very good decision to start a new year...keep a well balance mind and body.

I have a sister in Hamilton and I'm going to visit her next year for a week. She told me that Roturoa is about 2 hours away from her place, What can you say about the biking in
Hamilton and Roturoa?
personaly i have never ridden in that area as it is at the other end of the country but have heard lots of good things about it.

Cheers for all the good comments guys,hope xmas was kind to you all and heres wishing you all a happy new year

Kiwi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.