Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of moving to Maryland and while I was researching ride spots and looking for people to ride with I met Matt, he's a trials rider that lost his vision due to Diabetes and can only see a few inches in front of his face.

if I did this right you should see a video and links to his Myspace and facebook pages...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=431700245

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Gilman-Blind-bike-Trials-Rider/42282372110?created

hopefully this is as inspiring to you as it was to me

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got a dedicated trials bike a few months ago. It is a lot harder for me to balance in low light conditions or when I have no visual frame of reference, almost impossible. Quite amazing watching that.

Alan

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
I rode with him once. If you can hook up with him and his friends you're in for a treat. They are super nice guys who love to ride, and love to have others share in that. I am planning on driving down to Baltimore some weekend for some rding soon. Great place.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Thanks for posting this up NRS, that is absolutely amazing, truly inspirational :thumbsup: Just goes to prove that the human mind is an amazing thing and people can do what ever they want if they really put their mind to it - wish I could do 1/2 the stuff I try at :skep:

gop427, tell this guy hi from me and wish him the best.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gop427 said:
I rode with him once. If you can hook up with him and his friends you're in for a treat. They are super nice guys who love to ride, and love to have others share in that. I am planning on driving down to Baltimore some weekend for some rding soon. Great place.
I havent had a chance to ride with the group yet but I am looking forward to riding with them after New years, they seem like a great group to hang out with

I got a dedicated trials bike a few months ago. It is a lot harder for me to balance in low light conditions or when I have no visual frame of reference, almost impossible. Quite amazing watching that.

Alan
I got my first dedicated trials bike last spring at the Westminster bike swap but unfortunately havent been able to get out riding much this year, once I'm situated here after the move I should have a lot more time to ride

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.